Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark shot down during Firmware update

holajul

Join
Aug 29, 2017
Hey all,

I experiencing a big problem with my drone and I'm a bit lost so I need your help.

I was updating the firmware from the IOS app DJI GO 4 and didn't realise that my battery wasn't full (around 30%). The update took longer than what I expected and when I came back the Spark was off.

Now I've plugged in but nothing is happening, the drone isn't even charging. There is only 1 led turning on when I press 1 time and all the 4 when I press again but then nothing happens.

Does anyone have experienced anything similar? How could I reset it?

I'm in holidays right now so I really need my spark.

Thank you for your help !!

Very strange. What usually happens with my Spark is the DJI Go app will download the firmware update, BUT wen it goes to actually upload the firmware, it will tell me my battery is below 50% and to charge or change the battery out. Its NEVER tried to update the firmware with less than 50% charge...

I'm also assuming you don't have your computer/laptop with you to use the DJI Assistant to plug in and figuring out whats up... Reckon' you'll have to wait...

Thanks for your help!

I do actually have my computer and DJI ASSISTANT but the computer doesn't even recognize the drone when I connect it because it doesn't turn on...

Have you tried with another cable. With the amount of micro usb cables around you might just have one which is faulty.
Otherwise try resetting the connection by pressing the power button 9 seconds. This is to reset wifi, but you never know, might work.
Have you tried letting it sit on the charger for a longer period? It might charges afterwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit