Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Tips!

redrydermedia

Join
Jun 22, 2017
Any tips you've learned in the first week with your Spark?

I've learned to charge Spark upside down.....feet up, props down.....it makes seeing the battery lights much easier. I can see at a glance from across the room where the charge is.....particularly if the charge is done. Otherwise, the props and cord and arms get in the way and it's more difficult to see. Maybe a simple thing, but I like it better.

Any tips you've learned?

1. Turning on RC first and then the Spark works best for me.
2. Set warm battery on AC register to cool it quickly.
3. Don't turn on Tripod Mode until you get where you want to shoot as it goes so slow.
4. Turn off Obstacle Avoidance if in open areas so it flies twice as fast in P Mode.
5. End every session with a quick Sport Mode loop or straight out and back run, because it's so damp fun.
6. Check in on SparkPilots dot zone often for the latest, and to get great support from our moderators.
7. Advexure rocks fast shipping and great late night support!
8. Keeping the forum friendly helps everyone long term.
9. We have some really smart drone members who I learn from every day.
10. Don't believe a word I say unless I'm talking about fishing or wildlife because I really don't know much about drones.

Use OTG cable for those with a remote if you are getting crap range.
Look closely at the foam storage box. There is a correct way of storing the spark. One end has a notch, this is where the camera gimbal rest.
Turn off bluetooth if you're using mobile device. This improves range.
If you want quality panoramas, do NOT use the DJI go app. Use a proper stitching app like lightroom as it preserves size and quality.
Use 2 finger swipe up or down to enable for tilt and to measure exposure (android).
Ipad minis fit in controller. Just need lube.
Jedi trick is gimmicky but makes girls moist.
Check surroundings before using the 4 quick modes.

Last edited:
Use OTG cable for those with a remote if you are getting crap range.
Look closely at the foam storage box. There is a correct way of storing the spark. One end has a notch, this is where the camera gimbal rest.
Turn off bluetooth if you're using mobile device. This improves range.
If you want quality panoramas, do NOT use the DJI go app. Use a proper stitching app like lightroom as it preserves size and quality.
Use 2 finger swipe up or down to enable for tilt and to measure exposure (android).
Ipad minis fit in controller. Just need lube.
Jedi trick is gimmicky but makes girls moist.
Check surroundings before using the 4 quick modes.
"Turn off bluetooth if you're using mobile device. This improves range." - how does this work? What's the connection?

WIKIPEDIA:

Bluetooth operates at frequencies between 2402 and 2480 MHz, or 2400 and 2483.5 MHz including guard bands 2 MHz wide at the bottom end and 3.5 MHz wide at the top.[15] This is in the globally unlicensed (but not unregulated) Industrial, Scientific and Medical (ISM) 2.4 GHz short-range radio frequency band. Bluetooth uses a radio technology called frequency-hopping spread spectrum. Bluetooth divides transmitted data into packets, and transmits each packet on one of 79 designated Bluetooth channels. Each channel has a bandwidth of 1 MHz. It usually performs 800 hops per second, with Adaptive Frequency-Hopping (AFH) enabled.[15] Bluetooth low energy uses 2 MHz spacing, which accommodates 40 channels.

Reactions: Malakai

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme