Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark tried to force landing. And other strange behavior.

No that's MiMo type technology that the spark does not have ..

Since the RC is not MFI certified by Apple it's not going to be supported over OTG for both apple or android.

By the way most 5.8 over in CE land are now only available for indoor use to my knowledge.. I could be wrong on that I'm in FCC land.
MiMo is not related to use 2.4G and 5.8G at same time, it is an antennas configuration were several antennas are used in parallel to improve the link. I thought there was 2 antennas on the RC like a wifi router for that purpose.

Ok, so you say they will not support OTG for admin reason. None of my Android devices support these 5.8G channels and only my iPad can access it. This is a permanent pain as I am flying usually in remote area and the 2.4G is selected for the link to the Spark and 5.8G for RC to tab. So globally I am forced to use an iPad OR use OTG with an android device.

In europe, the 5.8G band is much more limited than in US. The channels used by the Spark are the one with no restriction for US and in Europe they are reserved for short range operation with low power :( (List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia). The indoor channels are the lowest channels.

Reactions: weiss.hank
MiMo is not related to use 2.4G and 5.8G at same time, it is an antennas configuration were several antennas are used in parallel to improve the link. I thought there was 2 antennas on the RC like a wifi router for that purpose.

Ok, so you say they will not support OTG for admin reason. None of my Android devices support these 5.8G channels and only my iPad can access it. This is a permanent pain as I am flying usually in remote area and the 2.4G is selected for the link to the Spark and 5.8G for RC to tab. So globally I am forced to use an iPad OR use OTG with an android device.

In europe, the 5.8G band is much more limited than in US. The channels used by the Spark are the one with no restriction for US and in Europe they are reserved for short range operation with low power :( (List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia). The indoor channels are the lowest channels.

I fully understand what MiMo is and how it functions. I am a network engineer! The spark or any other DJI craft can not bind both 2.4 and 5.8, so I don't really understand where you are going. Our other craft lightbridge craft donsupport MiMo though!

The spark has dual radios and can operate on 2.4 or 5.8 but not at once. I understand that in some countries and with SOME hardware bands are limited.

Correct , at least at this point OTG is and will not be officially supported.

I fully understand what MiMo is and how it functions. I am a network engineer! The spark or any other DJI craft can not bind both 2.4 and 5.8, so I don't really understand where you are going. Our other craft lightbridge craft donsupport MiMo though!

Correct , at least at this point OTG is and will not be officially supported.
Very good, I am not a network engineer and I was always asking me why there was 2 antennas on the RC or wifi router, can you explain me? What is the purpose of the second antenna on the Spark RC ?
Again I am talking of the case where the RC (Remote Control) is used. There are 2 wifi networks or I am wrong ? (one is Spark-xxxx from Spark to RC and one is Spark-RC-xxxx for the link from RC to tablet), I just try to understand how it really work and it seems you work for DJI, so you should have the right information.

Lightbridge is Phantom technology and the 2 antennas on it operate independently and it is not wifi, so it has nothing to do with the Spark.

Reactions: weiss.hank
[/QUOTE]
MFi is just an Apple tax. The only real difference is that the pins on the end of the lightning connector might be suspect. For that matter the lightning to USB cable I use with my OTG cable is MFi certified.

Amazon.com: Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, Charging and Syncing for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Yes but the device (RC) is not MFI compatible.. There are two devices in this chain, cable and then device that cable connects too.

Very good, I am not a network engineer and I was always asking me why there was 2 antennas on the RC or wifi router, can you explain me? What is the purpose of the second antenna on the Spark RC ?
Again I am talking of the case where the RC (Remote Control) is used. There are 2 wifi networks or I am wrong ? (one is Spark-xxxx from Spark to RC and one is Spark-RC-xxxx for the link from RC to tablet), I just try to understand how it really work and it seems you work for DJI, so you should have the right information.

Lightbridge is Phantom technology and the 2 antennas on it operate independently and it is not wifi, so it has nothing to do with the Spark.

correct, there are two wifi networks created when running the RC. One is for phone connection to RC, the other is for RC to craft. In fcc land if a person chooses to use 5.8, the RC switches to 2.4 for RC and mobile coms. If they select to use 2.4 the opposite happens and the RC switches to 5.8 for the mobile.

Correct the Inspire and up craft uses either Lightbridge 1,2,2.5 or occusync (sdr)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast