Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark went for a swim!!

Thank you very much for the video and taking the time to reply, my Spark is now fully assembled. I was just being too gentle with connectors, all of them snapped perfectly, all sensors seem ok in settings....but I still have that Battery Signal Error on screen.

General question, does anyone know how to resolve this or what board to replace? I have now tried 3 different batteries....still the exact same error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-05-10-03-41.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-05-10-03-41.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
I found they clip in but you have to line them up carefully and press firmly into place. Don't think glue is necessary.
Thank you Stephen, they did clipped in when correctly aligned them, I was just being too gentle with them scared I would break it.

These are the ribbons I am talking about. Do you hold them in place with the glue alone or are they supposed to snap into place first, they glue them as a security measure and prevent a disconnection upon crashing or while flying and keep system working? Thanks
Glad you got them back in. Those are common press fit connectors used in small electronics like drones, laptops, and cell phones. The problem in a drone is vibration. As you can tell, those types of connectors could easily come loose. So that is why in the Spark, they are held securely in place with a layer of adhesive, the silver cloth type strip and then a metal bracket to hold it all tight. Use silicone adhesive and very sparingly. Just enough to secure that silver strip on top of it.

Also it is of great help (especially your first time doing one) to take detailed pictures of the components before and after you remove each piece during disassembly. Video would work too but pictures are easier.

Reactions: LunatikArts
Hi everyone, just a quick update, I have reassembled and tested everything but I still get the Battery Signal error, guess I will be getting a new Spark Motherboard. I took it to a few repair shops and they told me the main board comes with the camera as they are linked together, according to them, if you break the camera, you will need a new mother board and if you need a board replacement, be ready for a new camera as well. Can someone second this? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef