Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

spark with rc max range 170m? how about u guys?

moklo0

Join
Jun 7, 2017
the max range i reach only 170m with RC already use otg cable.

where s the 2KM? how abt you guys can reach?

I see you are using the 5.8Ghz band. Try the lower band (2.4 Ghz) and the range could be bigger. That is if you are in Europe? (CE standard)
In US or other regions 5.8Ghz maybe the right choice.

(Sorry, i do not recognize your city)

I see you are using the 5.8Ghz band. Try the lower band (2.4 Ghz) and the range could be bigger. That is if you are in Europe? (CE standard)
In US or other regions 5.8Ghz maybe the right choice.

(Sorry, i do not recognize your city)

IF USE otg cable, the option wont let u choose 5.8/2.4, if use wifi connect cell phone then can choose, but will scree delay

Even if i choose 2.4 (in an interference free region) after a few secs it goes back to 5.8G.
The one time it stayed at 2.4G i had excellent range.
I guess its all buggy and its messing up The "connect-to-smartphone" Settings with Tx <--> Spark Settings.
See that other thread where i try to make sense of it all.

Did anyone succeed in keeping the 2.4G icon in DJI GO while flying ? And how ? ;-)

Ender

the max range i reach only 170m with RC already use otg cable.

where s the 2KM? how abt you guys can reach?

Has it not been published that if you use a cable between the controller and your phone your distance is limited..... Didn't a few people post this in the forums? They also indicated that full distance is achieved if your phone is sitting in the controller and connected to the controller's wifi. Pretty sure I read a few posts about this.

Has it not been published that if you use a cable between the controller and your phone your distance is limited..... Didn't a few people post this in the forums? They also indicated that full distance is achieved if your phone is sitting in the controller and connected to the controller's wifi. Pretty sure I read a few posts about this.
@captain drone. As far I remember..its the other way around...better distance and less video latency with the hardwired otg method..

Anyone else?

Cheers d

I don't have an OTG cable yet but I have gotten decent range with the RC and Wifi. So far Ive gotten about 2500 feet with a lot of interfering wifi signals in the area. I havent had a chance to go to a rural area but I expect Ill get much better range.

I don't have an OTG cable yet but I have gotten decent range with the RC and Wifi. So far Ive gotten about 2500 feet with a lot of interfering wifi signals in the area. I havent had a chance to go to a rural area but I expect Ill get much better range.
Great, FCC i assume, sigh... Did your WiFI icon in DJI GO show 2.4G or 5G ?

Ender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe