Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark with wifi repeater question

Sir_sparksalot

Join
Aug 15, 2018
Hey guys and girls,
I use my spark a fair bit, and while the range is great for something of its size, ive been wanting to get just that bit further (I know, always wanting something else), I played around with a wifi repeater using just the spark and my phone, and it worked great, got to about 650m distance, but i know i can go 1.6km if i use the controller and the parabolic booster.
My question is, can i use the range extender when im using the controller? if so, do i repeat the rc wifi or the spark wifi?

It would have to be the RC WiFi but if memory serves it won't work as the Spark and the RC can only be paired directly. Besides I doubt your repeater would do better than the Spark's RC.

How did you overcome the 100 meter limit to reach 650 meters?

It would have to be the RC WiFi but if memory serves it won't work as the Spark and the RC can only be paired directly. Besides I doubt your repeater would do better than the Spark's RC.

How did you overcome the 100 meter limit to reach 650 meters?
I had a feeling it may need to be the rc wifi but wasnt 100% sure, and as for the 100m distance limit, you have to disable the geofence in litchi and off it goes.
i'll give the repeater a few tests over the next few days to see if it will connect straight up or if there is anything extra needed

You cannot use a simple WiFi repeater to expand range between RC and AC.

The WiFi ID, you see on your device is rc's WiFi, and it's for communication between your device and Rc (they're very close each other, they are in touch).

The remote alone will give you excellent range if you’re in the right environment. I’ve easily flown 1500m+ with full signal, even without the use of parabolic boosters.

I flew my spark out to one mile last night . All stock .spark and controller . FPV was starting to get grainy .

I had a feeling it may need to be the rc wifi but wasnt 100% sure, and as for the 100m distance limit, you have to disable the geofence in litchi and off it goes.
i'll give the repeater a few tests over the next few days to see if it will connect straight up or if there is anything extra needed

Thanks, had missed that trick in Litchi. But if you have the RC it's going to give the best overall experience overall, unless you find yourself in a situation where you really can't carry it around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe