Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark won't connect to Go 4 on my device

mp43sniper

Join
Jul 22, 2017
Well this is odd...

Been flying a P3 and Mavic on my Samsung Note 4 for quite a while. Bought a Spark tonight and it wouldn't work with Go 4 on that phone, but decided to try it on a spare S7 we have that isn't on a network (got a deal on 2 phones so this is a spare for WHEN my wife breaks hers - don't tell her I said that).

The Spark instantly worked with Go 4 on the S7. On the Note 4, when connected to Spark's wifi, I open Go 4 and it won't give me the GO FLY button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

We have no experience with the Note 4 and a spark but this procedure may help. Give it a try and let us know if it works for the Note 4.

After the Spark is turned on press and hold the power button. You will hear one beep, then 2 beeps and finally 3 beeps could be about 10-15 seconds. After the 3 rd set of beeps release the power button and try to connect the wifi again. Let us know if that works.

We have no experience with the Note 4 and a spark but this procedure may help. Give it a try and let us know if it works for the Note 4.

After the Spark is turned on press and hold the power button. You will hear one beep, then 2 beeps and finally 3 beeps could be about 10-15 seconds. After the 3 rd set of beeps release the power button and try to connect the wifi again. Let us know if that works.

The Note 4 is able to connect to the Spark's wifi, but DJI Go 4 will not connect through the Note 4. Instead of GO FLY, it shows "Enter Device". If I click on Enter Device, it brings up my wifi menu, which shows I'm connected to the Spark. It's like an endless loop from there with no result.

The Note 4 is able to connect to the Spark's wifi, but DJI Go 4 will not connect through the Note 4. Instead of GO FLY, it shows "Enter Device". If I click on Enter Device, it brings up my wifi menu, which shows I'm connected to the Spark. It's like an endless loop from there with no result.

Get an iOS device ;):D:D:D

I just installed Go 4 on my iphone (company phone) so I don't have to carry around a THIRD device to fly the Spark. I figured it would work fine, and as soon as I opened Go 4 after connecting to the Spark's wifi I had the blue button and it connected instantly after clicking it. I've got updated firmware and she's ready to go. I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if I didn't have all these phones available and had to look at a completely inanimate $500+ Spark sitting on the dining room table. Ugh

At least now during the week when I have my work phone with me I'm all set. I still want to get the Note 4 to work but tomorrow we get to fly this little guy for the first time. :)

I picked up my Spark Fly More combo yesterday and have used both my AT&T Note 4 and Galaxy S7 Edge with no problems except video lag. Like mp43sniper, with both phones, I get the "Enter Device" if I'm not already connected to the controller wifi, but I'm able to select it if it doesn't auto-connect (or I'm not patient enough for it to do so). Due to the lag on both phones, however, I've stopped using the wifi and am using a OTG adapter and micro USB cable I had laying around.

Just in case someone sees this with the same issue - I purchased an OTG cable and now Go 4 works with my Spark and Android device. However, you need to connect the cables in the correct order or it won't recognize the device. There are other threads on OTG connection and they go over the steps there (I don't remember them right now or I'd post here).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme