Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sparky at the Resort

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Some footage of the Mill River Resort. I live two miles away but I don't golf! Used to go years ago but just wasn't my thing, actually got more use out of the tennis courts there. There are also a couple of nice squash courts inside the complex as well. Always nice getting that little black ball shot into your back at high velocity!

Picture postcard perfect! Really nice flying, RotoWash. The sun's angle really brought out the subtle contours and shadows, the scenic colors stand on their own. I really enjoy a well edited work using music that fits as well as this one. Bravo zulu, dude! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RotorWash
Picture postcard perfect! Really nice flying, RotoWash. The sun's angle really brought out the subtle contours and shadows, the scenic colors stand on their own. I really enjoy a well edited work using music that fits as well as this one. Bravo zulu, dude! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Something you may find interesting, did you notice the bright sunlight spot on the ground starting around 1:09? It travels along with the drone during that whole shot. I believe it's called opposition surge aka the opposition effect. Some may call it the Heiligenschein phenomenon but I think that involves dew on the ground which there wasn't any in this case. Not something I'd leave in a video normally but thought I would with this one.

The Opposition Effect: "It is located at the antisolar point, the position directly opposite the camera from the sun (Lynch & Livingston 1995). At this position, no shadows are visible, so the spot looks bright (over exposed) compared to the surroundings. This effect is only visible from well above the surface and is best seen on forest or prairie backgrounds in low-oblique views."

Something you may find interesting, did you notice the bright sunlight spot on the ground starting around 1:09? It travels along with the drone during that whole shot. I believe it's called opposition surge aka the opposition effect.

The Opposition Effect: "It is located at the antisolar point, the position directly opposite the camera from the sun (Lynch & Livingston 1995). At this position, no shadows are visible, so the spot looks bright (over exposed) compared to the surroundings."
I didn't notice it the first time I watched, but I went back after you pointed it out and, there is was, plain as day. Wikipedia's explanation aligns very well with the video sequence, saying "[opposition surge] is the brightening of a rough surface, or an object with many particles, when illuminated from directly behind the observer". The tree shadows indicate the view was looking away from the sun, which was behind the "observer", in this case the camera. I learned something new today. Thanks RotorWash, I always enjoy your posts.

I didn't notice it the first time I watched, but I went back after you pointed it out and, there is was, plain as day. Wikipedia's explanation aligns very well with the video sequence, saying "[opposition surge] is the brightening of a rough surface, or an object with many particles, when illuminated from directly behind the observer". The tree shadows indicate the view was looking away from the sun, which was behind the "observer", in this case the camera. I learned something new today. Thanks RotorWash, I always enjoy your posts.
Thank you and I always enjoy your posts as well. The effect is also in the first scene (bottom middle-right) but it quickly blends in with the trees somewhat.

Really nicely done, RW! Seems you’ve pretty much mastered the smooth moves, and the colours look great.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh