Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sphere Camera settings

ChristoffB

Join
Jan 14, 2019
Loc
South Africa
Hi All,

I am having trouble taking nice sphere photo's. They come out in two different ways - either the ground is over-exposed, or the sky is over-exposed. How do I find a nice middle ground? What camera settings works best?

Thanks!

Here is a post from November 2017 on how to use MS ICE that may help in better sphere photos.

Reactions: bsr387
For setting to get the best exposure, I just fiddled with the settings in manual mode and that was it for me. Just did it once. Then I used the app Theta + then picked the picture and chose the "little planet" option at the bottom. I was able to edit the picture within the app to whatever looked best. A lot easier than I originally thought.

During the cold winter months I had trouble especially on windy days with 'gimbal overload' preventing the capture of all 46 images.
With the arrival of spring my Spark is back to taking all of the 46 images. The recent use of a USB OTG cable with a controller and an Android phone has improved the sometimes lag burdened display while positioning the drone.
On two occasions , despite capturing all 46 images (over water or low tide mud) no image stitcher could make a perfect overlap of all images. The dark mud or uniformity of water surface made for a difficult match of 1 or 2 images to other groups (Hugin error) or Microsoft Image Composite Editor showing 'black' areas where detail existed in good light.
This sphere came out well. I deliberately placed the island below the drone to give the image stitching process something detailed to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex