Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Stability issue. need help

swan7926

Join
Aug 14, 2017
last couple of times flying spark I have encountered a stability issue. I have good GPS signal, but when it takes off and i try to hover at around 8 feet, it moves up and down on it's own a foot or two. Also will move a foot or so off to one side. I re calibrated the compass and IMU. It helped a little but I still have the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's not unique to any one area i fly in. I've had spark since june, fly it regularly, and this is first time I've encountered this. Thanks

It sounds like it uses the gps, but not the bottom sensors.
The downwards camera should hold the position horizontally, while the two sonic sensors should hold the altitude.
I would test them without the gps (indoor over a patterned floor).

Sounds like next will be the encoder error, lets hope not, mine kinda acted like that before I got the error, then it happend and spark will never fly after that, DJI will replace it at no charge or even having to use your DJI care. It took about 2 weeks to and from DJI they were great !

Sounds like next will be the encoder error, lets hope not, mine kinda acted like that before I got the error, then it happend and spark will never fly after that, DJI will replace it at no charge or even having to use your DJI care. It took about 2 weeks to and from DJI they were great !
so what exactly is the encoder error? Will it just show up on the screen? Thanks

something to do with the gimbal or censors up front, ones it tell you that error the spark will never fly again.
mine acted funny for at lest 3 months before it happened to me.
Of course they will never tell you the real cause. but the C/S was great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502