Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Start problems

Mossy

Join
Jan 13, 2020
am asking for help here, hope someone has had the same experience and can tell me what is wrong with my spark. Ok where to start? Ok, like a lot of spark owners I bought mine second hand and did not notice the crack on the arm. Then had a crash that broke it completely. So went the super glue and JB weld route for a while. Worked for awhile until one day in sport mode, so decided to try the mid frame swap. So all went well, started her up with out props and she worked, but I had a downward sensor error but put the props on to see if it would fly. It tried to take off but would just spin in one direction, figured it was because of the error so order the sensor. Got it replaced and no errors so slapped the blades on and went out to fly. On take off it did the same spin. So figured it was a esc problem. Took a look at it and found that I had swapped the red and the white wire. Was pumped that I had figured it out I fired up the soldering iron. It got to temp and I swapped the wires. Powered it up and it flew perfectly in the shop, so landed it and ran outside to get her some real air. I put it down and tried to take off and nothing. I looked at my controller and I had lost connection. Tried to repair by turning remote off and on. Looked down at drone and noticed no lights blinking under props and it’s doing a funny beep and twitch every 6 seconds. It is about this time I realize I had swapped the two wires with the battery still in, not sure if this is the cause but I am thinking I screwed the motherboard. So order one and put it in and it does the same thing. CRAP!!! So I’m scowering the internet trying to figure out what the problem is and I find a thread in the DJI site of a guy that had the same issue but can get no answer after asking what DJI did to fix. Then I find another thread on readit that the guy says it was an IMU short. I buy a new IMU and install and still same issue!!!! This is driving me mad, please help! I know this is a known issue but have found little to tell me what to do. Oh yeah, I have tried to update firmware then downdate and from a pc. It always stops at 75% shows error 0x020403. I know there is a Spark master Jedi out there, show me

Hello from Hoosier Heartland Mossy.

I'm not a Spark Jedi, more of a baby Yoda. ?

I found this thread that may be a similar problem?
Core Board malfunction.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello from Hoosier Heartland Mossy.

I'm not a Spark Jedi, more of a baby Yoda. ?

I found this thread that may be a similar problem?
Core Board malfunction.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:
I have replaced the motherboard with a new used one but it still had the 6 second death twitch. I am going to factory reset and see if this helps. I’m not sure that I didn’t get a bad board either but they say they test them at shop. It has a 30 day warranty so may send back and try another one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex