Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Started rotating in aktive track

kmikesch

Join
Sep 17, 2017
Hi all, i had a strange incident with my spark. I was at a party and the were a few children, who heard that i have a drone and wanted to see it. So i got it out of my car and flew around with it everything was fine. The party was on a hill and i wanted to show active track, so i marked one of the kids and he ran down hill, the spark followed, till it lost subject (because it didnt decrease its hight). So i decreased hight in hope it would find its Target again, But than it started spinning around its axis, like going full throttle left in sport mode. I could controll it in any other way, just couldnt stop it to rotate. I let it go down and crash it slowly in the hill. I found it and started it directly again - no spinning....
So my question - what was that and how do you prevent it, what if it happens in not such a lucky place, like over water or someting...

Whats also to know - i 'm flying with an old android phone sometimes the app is a little slow but fine otherwise and was still responsive during the incident.

Im an experienced drone pilot with other drones too so i stayed calm and it went fine, but still ... what was that

So my question - what was that
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none