Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strange stuff on motors

mattitech07

Join
Mar 30, 2019
Hi guys,I found this strange stuff on the motors,I hope it is not fleeting,I didnt flown my spark for some months,and sometimes lot of small insects crashed on it releasing a bit of dirty stuff.What is this strange stuff?How can I clean it?IMG_20200630_184054_625.jpg

Looks like rust, or bug guts.

I'm guessing whatever swarm of bugs you fly into may leave a little "acidic" bug juice on the motors that may cause corrosion over time?

I would take a Q-tip with a wee bit of rubbing alcohol on it and lightly massage the motor and see if it cleans up.

Try not to get alcohol into the motor, maybe hold the Spark upside down while cleaning it.

The alcohol will eventually evaporate so if you do get some in accidentally, make sure it's dry before powering up the Spark.

If the Q- tip doesn't work, try something a little more abrasive such as a tooth brush.

Good luck. :)

Good advice from Spark 317 (as always). If the alcohol doesn't remove it, crumple a small piece of aluminum foil and polish the motor housing with it. It will be abrasive enough to remove whatever that is but will not scratch the housing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit