Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strobe lights

ralf

Join
Nov 20, 2018
Can someone tell me, would the Strobe lights I see on eBay be visible during the day. Would be nice to have a bright light to be able to identify direction if looking at the Spark and not at the screen.

Don’t know which you are referring to, but Strobon and Firehouse would be. They are blinding. Stick them on or use mounts as offer by Aerial Pixel.

Reactions: ralf
I use Strobon Cree. You can see them in the day, but not nearly as far as you can at night. At night I can see them clearly 2.5 miles away - and I'm sure you could see them further than that if you dare try. I have 3 (red/white and green), mounted on cheap landing gear that I cut the skids down to reduce weight and less drag in the wind. I also have a bluetooth tracker (Tile Pro) attached to the bottom of my battery.

Attachments

• 20190201_091746.jpg
    20190201_091746.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20190303_092505.jpg
    20190303_092505.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • 20190303_092651.jpg
    20190303_092651.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 115
I use Strobon Cree. You can see them in the day, but not nearly as far as you can at night. At night I can see them clearly 2.5 miles away - and I'm sure you could see them further than that if you dare try. I have 3 (red/white and green), mounted on cheap landing gear that I cut the skids down to reduce weight and less drag in the wind. I also have a bluetooth tracker (Tile Pro) attached to the bottom of my battery.
Thanks for the information and photos. Very helpful. I like the idea of having them attached to the landing gear rather that the actual Spark.

Reactions: Heckmaniac
Thanks for the information and photos. Very helpful. I like the idea of having them attached to the landing gear rather that the actual Spark.

FYI...Mount them on the sides and back as shown.

I mounted mine on the bottom of my PolarPro gear, next to the bottom sensors and had a very short 30 second erratic flight. The strobe will affect the VPS due to its brightness.

They are now installed on the prop guards or the sides of the landing gear.

Reactions: rhettduke and ralf
FYI...Mount them on the sides and back as shown.

I mounted mine on the bottom of my PolarPro gear, next to the bottom sensors and had a very short 30 second erratic flight. The strobe will affect the VPS due to its brightness.

They are now installed on the prop guards or the sides of the landing gear.
Thanks. I was worried about them interfering with the VPS but ill follow your advice. Where did you get your strobes and how did you attach to the landing gear? In that position can you see the Strobe from the front? I'm still very much a newbie and if flying by sight sometimes not sure what way the Spark is facing. Ok it's easy to look down at screen but would be good to see visually. Can't always see Sparks lights.

I got my strobes from msinger's site.
He has mounts available if you want them on the arms.

Since my gear doesn't have the rear tab, I have the red on left, white on right. As long as you remember what side is is what, it's pretty easy to determine the orientation and if you're coming or going.

20190304_032535.jpg

You can see where I originally had it mounted on the bottom. Never again.

Reactions: rhettduke and ralf
I got my strobes from msinger's site.
He has mounts available if you want them on the arms.

Since my gear doesn't have the rear tab, I have the red on left, white on right. As long as you remember what side is is what, it's pretty easy to determine the orientation and if you're coming or going.

View attachment 9079

You can see where I originally had it mounted on the bottom. Never again.
Thanks so much I really appreciate your help.

Reactions: Spark 317
Main problem with that setup is there is no room for the battery strap guard that attaches to the back arms as well. Also no visibility of strobe from side or when drone going towards you.
I agree with you. Seems it would be better to put one of one color on the rear, and a different one of a different color on the front. Just not sure where is "safe" (and won't interfere with any of the sensors).

That's why I use the landing gear setup I show above. Covers both right and left and the bottom rear. Can see best going away from you but still can see coming back, but to a lesser degree. Doesn't interfere with any sensors or camera, as the landing gear I use is different and cheaper than what "Spark 317" used and my strobe on the bottom is set further back so no issues with downward sensors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme