Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strong Wireless Interference

Bob Metts

Join
Jan 4, 2018
Loc
Hermitage PA
ive been flying both Spark (WiFi and RC) and Mavic Pro in same location on Florida beach for past month. Earlier this week got wireless interference warning and disconnect with Spark. Also started getting wireless interference warning with Mavic but didn’t affect flight (didn’t go too far). Not sure if this might have anything to do with recent updates. Anyone else seeing this warning for first time, or more frequently?

I haven’t encountered any warnings Bob. And mine is up-to-date How far were you flying? And did happen at the distance with both drones?

I got problems too with spark and rc.
Wifi just disconnected couple times and then didn't reconnect anymore in air.
I had to take spark from air twice with my hand because i didn't have any connection to it.
I suspect it was my new sd card and formatted it with windows machine and now i wait to temperature to come down to test it. (Winter time -15 to -27c outside)

There are many outside variables. I get notices from the FAA when they are doing testing that can interfere with GPS reception. There is also "Space Weather" like KpIndex that can affect how a drone performs.

I've flown at the same location on different days and have had my drone react/fly differently. Almost crashed one time. When I checked UAVForecast it showed the KpIndex was high and flying was not recommended.

So it may not be a FW issue but an "environment" one...

ive been flying both Spark (WiFi and RC) and Mavic Pro in same location on Florida beach for past month. Earlier this week got wireless interference warning and disconnect with Spark. Also started getting wireless interference warning with Mavic but didn’t affect flight (didn’t go too far). Not sure if this might have anything to do with recent updates. Anyone else seeing this warning for first time, or more frequently?

I was flying along waterline ~100 yards from high rise building, standing with RC about 25yards from building. Had flown from same place a week ago without problem. My best guess is; In Panama City Beach things really get going 1 March. I wonder if Condo Resorts kick up their wifi power so people can connect out on Beach. Going to ask the office that question today

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard