Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Survived my first crash!

Rossi6998

Join
May 26, 2018
Bound to happen. New to drone flying. Have only had my Spark a couple weeks now and still getting used to the controller. Anyway, hit a portion of the roof within my two story townhouse complex. Luckily, the drone landed near the edge of the roof line. A ladder, extending pole, and a rubber mate crate with towels in it saved my drone from remaining on the roof or landing on the concrete driveway while trying to get it off the roof. Surprisingly, no damage to the drone. :)

Were you using prop guards? That is exactly why you should use them. When learning to fly, or flying close to fixed objects, the propguards stop the props from making contact and causing a crash. With the prop guards on you can bump something and continue to fly in most cases. Take them off after you are more experienced if you want, or if you are flying out in open skies.

Interesting... Makes sense. I was not using the prop guards, and once the drone crashed on the roof, it would not fly anymore. I just barely hit the roof causing at least one of the props to stop spinning. I bet if I had been using the guards, I would have been okay. Lesson learned.

I've had my Spark about a month now. I've been flying in mostly open fields and I still put the guards on before I fly. Kinda chicken I guess, but figure they will help if I do screw up. Glad your flight turned out OK. I would also recommend maybe flying in Tripod mode for awhile...it slows everything down a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar