Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tablet question

So, I have flown with my new Tab A and to be honest I think I will drop in size to maybe an 7 or 8 inch tablet. The Tab A works great just a little larger than I thought I would like.

Reactions: Poletramp
Be interested to know what you decide as I am in same position- at my age need a bigger screen! I have a Samsung 10.1 (2014) but the video link is useless and operating system quite old. Stopped using it.
I use a acer arconia 8 99.00 bucks and otg cable
Works great

I just bought a ipad mini2 as I couldnt get my Samsung s7 to hook up the otg cable , and I couldnt be happier straight back flying 1800 mtrs with no interference at all .

I am planning on getting a tablet to use soley with my Spark. Would a Galaxy Tab A work? I have looked at the iPad Minis and just don't want to put that much into a tablet that will be dedicated to my drone. If not, are there any good ones to consider that won't break my bank?
got a 50.00 drone buy a 50.00 tablet

Interesting so many happy with the Tab A....8 inch from Best Buy less than 2 months ago.

I also have a s7 edge

Both have no issues with OTG since the Jan 30 update. Before that is was hit or miss...mostly miss.

I dont like the brightness by any means but deal with it.

Major issue is the compass ...S7 will change orientation as I turn and keep me in line.

The Tab A and a Tab E will not change ....they both have the Google Maps Compass Calibration screen but I get nothing but low accuracy no matter how long or where I use it....

I am willing to go with a dedicated device and plan too.

Can anyone share if the Mini Ipad has a built in compass that works ?

I understand the wifi onlys use your phones GPS...but Im uncertain if the compass works like I desire or If I have to go with a cellular / wifi device.

Im willing to go Pro I pad if it is the only way

I understand the wifi onlys use your phones GPS...but Im uncertain if the compass works like I desire or If I have to go with a cellular / wifi device.

Im willing to go Pro I pad if it is the only way

All iPad minis have a compass, and on go4 app you can see drone's orientation, related to orientation of iPad.

I didn't understand what you mean about "phones GPS".

Sorry...as I understand it the ipads that only connect to a wifi signal do not have a GPS unit...If you provide that wifi with a hot spot on your phone the tablet get positioin info from the phone. The ipads that have ability to connect directly to verizon or similar have built in GPS even without activating the carrier service.

I like what my s7 edge is doing now...Im even getting the litchi radar of sorts to make sense. I do like dji's version better S7size is just on the small siz
de for my up close vision issues.

Sorry...as I understand it the ipads that only connect to a wifi signal do not have a GPS unit...If you provide that wifi with a hot spot on your phone the tablet get positioin info from the phone. The ipads that have ability to connect directly to verizon or similar have built in GPS even without activating the carrier service.

I like what my s7 edge is doing now...Im even getting the litchi radar of sorts to make sense. I do like dji's version better S7size is just on the small siz
de for my up close vision issues.

Hmmm... No.
You cannot have GPS services by connecting to another device via WiFi.

You can instead, connect an external GPS receiver to your iPad.

You can instead, connect an external GPS receiver to your iPad.

Something like this?

Some that I've seen broadcast a Bluetooth signal which is no good for the Spark but the one above directly plugs into the slot of the mini4.

If you fly via WiFi connection, I assume this will work.
But if you fly with an OTG cable, this would not work.

Correct?

I have seen a lighting splitter but it is used to charge and listen to music at the same time and not mini4 compatible.

Do they make a splitter that could be used for the Elf and an OTG cable on a mini4?

Thanks.

Something like this?

Some that I've seen broadcast a Bluetooth signal which is no good for the Spark but the one above directly plugs into the slot of the mini4.

If you fly via WiFi connection, I assume this will work.
But if you fly with an OTG cable, this would not work.

Correct?

I have seen a lighting splitter but it is used to charge and listen to music at the same time and not mini4 compatible.

Do they make a splitter that could be used for the Elf and an OTG cable on a mini4?

Thanks.
Yes, I don't use one, but I've seen some operators using those plugin GPS modules.

Of course I think cannot be used together with an otg cable, but I don't know any alternative to built-in GPS, than this.

Anyway, most users never use built-in GPS, external modules seem to be expensive, so for most users WiFi only iPads are ok for flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast