Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Maiden Sortie Thread

For a beginner drone the learning curve of the Spark is actually a little steep. I am super busy working to pay for the vacation my family wants and have been trying to get up to speed enough to not launch $500 into space never to be seen again.

I have been flying Blade Chroma's and some other equipment for over 2 years.

Today I finally carved out some time to fly around the house. The Spark is bananas! The flight characteristics are extremely crisp. Impressed by the photos. Eager to get more time and experience with it and some blue water white sand media.

My Chroma will fly until I get bored with it, over 25 mins. I was little disappointed at how short the battery life felt - did not actually time it.

Got my second Spark. This one has a controller, so the maiden was great! The controller is a real game changer. I don't know how anyone could live without one. I like it so much, I've gone ahead and ordered another one.

Reactions: actionjack
I've had my Spark about a week. It's not my 1st drone but it is my 1st DJI product. I was a little intimidated by some of the bad stories but I went for it and got the "fly more combo."
I tore into the FedEx box like a kid on Christmas morning. I took everything out and started charging batteries. Once everything was set up, I took it up and started filming. Captured beautiful images of my kids. Active track works amazing. Hand gestures are cool to show off and act like I have "Jedi" powers.(the kids in the neighborhood love it) Some of the features I'm still learning.
I also went with the OTG adapter and I'm pulling ranges of 1000+ feet consistently with very little lag and virtually no interference and I live in a clustered little area of houses and there is a ton of WiFi here. I use an Alcatel Idol 4 phone I had that I cracked the corner of the screen. Makes no difference to me because I got a new phone and was able to keep this. I had no use for it so I ended using as the permanent monitor for the Spark. It has an octacore processor and it still connected via WiFi and for this purpose, it's perfect.
At the end if it all,I love my little Spark. I can take it just about anywhere, with the controller and the OTG adapter, it rivals most everything out there. It really is the perfect drone for me.

Reactions: Texy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef