Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Thinging of getting spark for my first dji drone

I've had a couple of drones in the past and also helicopters so I'm hoping I have the basic knowledge to get me flying, that said knowing my look I will probably lose it on the first flight

If you can fly a rc helicopter well enough that you can fly any orientation with it, you have a leg up on most new and even amaturer drone pilots, although that's not gauranting that your knees won't be knocking just a little bit for the first few flights until muscle memory kicks in.

Reactions: Dale Lissett
If you can fly a rc helicopter well enough that you can fly any orientation with it, you have a leg up on most new and even amaturer drone pilots, although that's not gauranting that your knees won't be knocking just a little bit for the first few flights until muscle memory kicks in.

That's sort of what I'm hoping, single blade collective pitch Helis are very difficult to fly and I just about mastered that after a few month's and several hundred pounds. Still have a little one now and fly it every now and then.

Check manual on RTH behaviour. Min alt you can set is 20 meters, but if it's closer it can stay at current altitude. Know what to expect to avoid panic.

Check manual on RTH behaviour. Min alt you can set is 20 meters, but if it's closer it can stay at current altitude. Know what to expect to avoid panic.

I'm still undecided at the minute on the spark or mavic. Didn't really want to spend a grand on my first one but if it's a better option

I'm still undecided at the minute on the spark or mavic. Didn't really want to spend a grand on my first one but if it's a better option
If $ isn't an issue...get a Mavic. Yes we all talk about how portable the Spark is, but pre-Spark we said the same about the Mavic. As for it being your 1st drone...trust me these things are "idiot proof" if you just use some common sense and read the manual.

The best advice ever given to me getting into the RC, was actually a question. "How much money are you willing to part with for what you could potentially loose or crash?"

I jumped on the $899 Fly More Mavic deal that was offered by B&H about a week ago. I then had a little bit of buyers remorse/shock that I spent $900 on my first drone.

So I canceled that order, bought a Fly More Spark for $475 because it was a big cost savings. But I have purchased a large case ($26), OTG cable ($9), and will be purchasing an additional battery ($45) after the holiday spending comes to an end. I'm approaching MAVIC Cost at this point...a difference of $344 when all said and done.

I've also bought the SPARK Refresh & another microSD card; but I don't equate that into the difference because I would have done the same for the Mavic. I just think to myself that I'm ~38% cheaper than the Mavic.

I jumped on the $899 Fly More Mavic deal that was offered by B&H about a week ago. I then had a little bit of buyers remorse/shock that I spent $900 on my first drone.

So I canceled that order, bought a Fly More Spark for $475 because it was a big cost savings. But I have purchased a large case ($26), OTG cable ($9), and will be purchasing an additional battery ($45) after the holiday spending comes to an end. I'm approaching MAVIC Cost at this point...a difference of $344 when all said and done.

I've also bought the SPARK Refresh & another microSD card; but I don't equate that into the difference because I would have done the same for the Mavic. I just think to myself that I'm ~38% cheaper than the Mavic.
You have to do what you are comfortable with and what budget you have. I personally bought the mavic Platinum pro and spark at the same time. Happy with both and I take turns flying both. In all honestly it was sort of frivolous spending as you really only have time for flying one. At least with my schedule. Both have similar different purposes if that makes sense.

When all said and done. I spent pretty much every accessories for each drone. Lots of money dropped but was happy with the purchases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef