Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Thinking about A New Computer...

shawnski451

Join
Dec 3, 2017
Ok... I'm thinking about getting a new computer. I want to be able to edit my videos and photos on it. What should I be looking for? Specs?

Not looking to blow a ton of cash... Got about $500.00 to $600.00 to play with at the moment.

Depends on what kind of editing you want to do, the more complicated the edit the more powerful machine you need. You'll want at least 8gb of RAM but the more the better. Minimum i5 processor but i7 would do better. Big part is the graphics card, again the bigger the better but you want one with preferably 2gb of onboard memory or more (I prefer nVidia GeForce cards). And get as big of a hard drive as possible since video files can be large, preferably an external one so you don't loose your files if your PC goes kaput. You might struggle with that budget though.

Choosing A Computer for Video Editing

Also, I bought an external hardrive to edit and store on so I am not using all of my HD space on my computer. Also another hardrive to back up my videos and one for the rest of my computer backups. Ads up quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex