Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

To buy or not to buy?

TerenceM

Join
Aug 15, 2017
In July I crashed my Phantom 3 Advance, and the cost of repairs is in the region of €500. I have a Spark, that I am very happy with but realise the image quality is not a great as the Phantom's.
I've been thinking of buying a second hand P3A - I have spare batteries, etc, so that they will not go to waste. But ams still not sure whether it's worth the expense or not.
Any ideas please, suggestions?
Thanks

I bought my Spark Fly More combo off ebay and have been delighted with it. I always require a seller's feedback to be 100% with a decent quantity of transactions. It's good if they have a return policy, but most don't beyond ebay/paypal's policies. Caveat emptor and all that. There are several P3 Advanced drones listed right now for less than your repair quote, not including shipping. I'm sure already having spare batteries, an RC and the like impacts your decision. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I bought my Spark Fly More combo off ebay and have been delighted with it. I always require a seller's feedback to be 100% with a decent quantity of transactions. It's good if they have a return policy, but most don't beyond ebay/paypal's policies. Caveat emptor and all that. There are several P3 Advanced drones listed right now for less than your repair quote, not including shipping. I'm sure already having spare batteries, an RC and the like impacts your decision. Good luck on whatever you decide.
Thanks for your input. I've found a couple of individuals where I live (on the island of Malta) who are selling Phantoms and am looking at these.

Thanks for your input. I've found a couple of individuals where I live (on the island of Malta) who are selling Phantoms and am looking at these.
Nice to be able to inspect and test fly before you buy. Hope it works out for you.

I'd say as long as you felt confident the software will be supported for some time to come, then that's a safe bet given you have the accessories already. If you are happy with the feature set of the P3A (nice drone indeed) then seems like a no brainer.

Well... Before you crashed your Phantom 3, how much did you enjoy it?

Are you getting a used Phantom 3 at a low enough price not to go for a 4?

In July I crashed my Phantom 3 Advance, and the cost of repairs is in the region of €500. I have a Spark, that I am very happy with but realise the image quality is not a great as the Phantom's.
I've been thinking of buying a second hand P3A - I have spare batteries, etc, so that they will not go to waste. But ams still not sure whether it's worth the expense or not.
Any ideas please, suggestions?
Thanks
i just bought a p3a from a guy for 100 bucks i got screwed.. cost me 500 bucks to fix .. heres why the main board is about 150 bucks motors are about 50 bucks eaach and watchout scum bags on ebay like to sell you used ones called new happned to me... also i got screwed on the main board a douch bag sold me a used board with the motors attached banging around on the main board i got it home and 5 resistors came off from the heavy motors hitting it .. he goes ohh just install it see if it works.. folks watch yourself with ebay.. with old parts make sure they are new... a main body is about 25 bucks its mainly the camera and main board that are expensive to fix... so if you crashed id fix it if it dont go over 100 bucks

if you buy a used phantom 3 make sure it works fly it etc... alot of these scum bag craiglist sellers crashed it and wont tell you when i bought mine for 100 the dick head lied it ended up costing me as much as buying one for the same price on ebay from someone..but finally i got it working and its practically new new main board gps wire harneses etc... i went though3 months of trouble and 2 ebay scammers and one bad seller.. but got it working really good... nwo just waiting on my antenna boosters the reflective ones...

save your money and get a mavic pro and dont buy used for 800 bucks they went new for 800 700 and under dont fall victim to getting someonething used for the same cost when it was new 2 years ago... these fucktards love to resell it for the same price they bought it not cool..

I too fell victim to buying a used P3A, it looked brand new, but upon further inspection, it has the microfractures in one fo the arms, and it also has a gimbal vibration problem. Thought I got a good deal at $350, but now I wish I had saved my money and put it toward something good, like a new Mavic Pro 2.

I too fell victim to buying a used P3A, it looked brand new, but upon further inspection, it has the microfractures in one fo the arms, and it also has a gimbal vibration problem. Thought I got a good deal at $350, but now I wish I had saved my money and put it toward something good, like a new Mavic Pro 2.
you can get a frame for 25 bucks and for 8 bucks motor supports that stop the cracks gimble vibration could be that you need 4 new rubber mounts or that you need to update the board or firmware.. rule that stuff out first also the cable is only 8 bucks so get a new one if not then its the motors or the controller board and those are cheap ..... a mavic pro 2 is a scam dont get it.. just get a mavic pro there about 600 bucks dont fall for 800 or more with one batt 800 is what it cost new 3 years ago.. you can get used phantoms i did i got ripped too by some scum bag kid.. sold it for 100 i ended up dumping almost 500 into it to get it going one lie after another.. from the douch too...

sure did vanish though when i asked what happned too it.. i pulled the logs coulndt find anything prolly smashed it with a hammer.. people treat things like crap... watch out...

The final episode - I bought the P3A, turns out it was in mint condition, flies well and came with three batteries, bag, range extender, motor covers and all for €400. I met the seller, we had a coffee, chatted and are now 'friends'.

Alls well that ends well - I hope!

Reactions: Tentoes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme