Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Today My Spark Really Annoyed Me

Lastrexking

Join
Jun 2, 2017
Loc
Yorkshire
The sun is out and the sky is blue, so I took the afternoon off work to go try Sphere mode for the first time. I knew a great place I wanted to photograph, which was a drive and a six mile walk. I checked the Spark before I left. Made sure I knew how to take the sphere photo. All was well.

Took me a couple of hours to get to the spot. The sun was starting to set, but enough light to get some shots. Set the Spark up. Went to choose the Sphere mode and the only option available was single shot. Reset and restarted everything. Same again. Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!

Walked back to the car. Just checked, and Sphere mode has reappeared.

I need a drink.

Reactions: Sparkster
The same thing happened to me yesterday. Luckily I was just trying it at home and didn't waste much time...

The sun is out and the sky is blue, so I took the afternoon off work to go try Sphere mode for the first time. I knew a great place I wanted to photograph, which was a drive and a six mile walk. I checked the Spark before I left. Made sure I knew how to take the sphere photo. All was well.

Took me a couple of hours to get to the spot. The sun was starting to set, but enough light to get some shots. Set the Spark up. Went to choose the Sphere mode and the only option available was single shot. Reset and restarted everything. Same again. Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!

Walked back to the car. Just checked, and Sphere mode has reappeared.

I need a drink.
I am a new Spark owner, glad you shared this, I now know to check it at home before I go out !!

Someone had a theory this occurs when the app fails to check the firmware on the Spark and disables certain modes that require the later firmware. I get something similar with my Mavic Pro when quick shots are not available. On the Spark it could be made worse with the OTG cable as that's a fiddly little thing.

So when it does occur the advice is to power off RC, Spark and close the app then power it all back on.

That's the theory anyway!

Reactions: Lastrexking
Someone had a theory this occurs when the app fails to check the firmware on the Spark and disables certain modes that require the later firmware. I get something similar with my Mavic Pro when quick shots are not available. On the Spark it could be made worse with the OTG cable as that's a fiddly little thing.

So when it does occur the advice is to power off RC, Spark and close the app then power it all back on.

That's the theory anyway!
Thanks, I keep this e-mail so I can try the theory if the circumstances happens when I'm flying !!

I brought a Spark in December for a Christmas present to myself. I want to sell my brand new White complete Spark Fly More Package and a boatload of accessories including a Doubi carrying case, Controller iPad holder, DJI lanyard, three Intelligent batteries, propeller guards with landing gear, landing pad, gimbal cover, gimbal hood, battery strap, controller stick protector, propeller alignment holder (when carrying)Spark), antenae booster, iPad 4 shade, two protective battery bags (singles, ), classic blue wrap (removable), and several other small protective and decorative accessories. All for $500.00, worth more than $1,000.00

I want to purchase a Mavic Air, but I must unload my Spark first. !!

Did you palm launch? If it's in gesture mode the only shot available is single shot. Click the remote looking icon and everything comes back.

Reactions: Lastrexking
I brought a Spark in December for a Christmas present to myself. I want to sell my brand new White complete Spark Fly More Package and a boatload of accessories including a Doubi carrying case, Controller iPad holder, DJI lanyard, three Intelligent batteries, propeller guards with landing gear, landing pad, gimbal cover, gimbal hood, battery strap, controller stick protector, propeller alignment holder (when carrying)Spark), antenae booster, iPad 4 shade, two protective battery bags (singles, ), classic blue wrap (removable), and several other small protective and decorative accessories. All for $500.00, worth more than $1,000.00

I want to purchase a Mavic Air, but I must unload my Spark first. !!

Very inconsiderate to put your selling add into someone else's thread.

Did you palm launch? If it's in gesture mode the only shot available is single shot. Click the remote looking icon and everything comes back.

I did, yes. I always palm launch.

I never knew that. Problem solved, thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis