Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Transfer videos to IOS from Spark

Mrvaderdan

Join
Jul 1, 2017
Hi!

I'm wondering if it is possible to transfer videos directly from the Spark (SD card 1080p capture) to my Iphone or do I need to hook up the card to a computer and then transfer it to the phone?

I read somewhere that you can be connected to your sparks wifi and then transfer the files? This is kind of a dealbreaker for me, don't want to bring a card reader/computer on my vacation.

Reactions: Advexure
Can't answer your question but I can say that with just a small, non space consuming usb card reader and otg cable (you should have an otg for the spark anyway) you will be able to transfer files to your phone very easily. Also idk what size card you have but my 64gb can hold a ton of footage at only 1080p...

FYI: I'm writing for my spark to be delivered.

According the DJI customer support chat it isn't possible to transfer videos directly to the phone.

Now I found some threads that tells me that it is possible through the DJI app but it screws with the quality?: DJI App editing video quality

So, if you use the official app you can download video files to the phone.
- Users seem to say that they get downscaled to 720p if you use the editing tool. Is that the cached 720p video on the iphone you just edit and save or does it actually pull the 1080p video from the spark and then ruin the quality?
- Can you download the videos to your iphone through the DJI app without editing the video resulting in 1080p video files on your phone?

After a looong conversation with DJI I can confirm that the only way to get the 1080p captures from the Spark is to connect the SD card to your phone/computer. Using the DJI app will only result in the cached 720p video stream data, even though you think you are fetching the real thing from the drone.

I use 'Sync for DJI' app for this. This app allows download video (even in 4K resolution) and images directly from drone to my iOS Photos app.
so now I don't need to eject SD card from my drone if I want share a few photos on instagram...

you can find it on appstore or use link Sync for DJI on the App Store

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme