Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Transferring original photos from spark with micro USB

mattitech07

Join
Mar 30, 2019
A lot of people say that for getting the spark original footage you have to insert an SD card in your PC .But I just plug my spark via micro usb in my laptop and then go on the DCIM folder.Is that method right too?

Reactions: Jim Wakeman
Ya beat me to it SoccerRef12 ?

I never tried it with the cable but the laptop would probably see the Spark as a device and you could transfer the files.

The Spark may need to be powered up to see the files.

If you have a lot of files to transfer, it may be slower than using a card reader.

Ya beat me to it SoccerRef12 [emoji16]

I never tried it with the cable but the laptop would probably see the Spark as a device and you could transfer the files.

The Spark may need to be powered up to see the files.

If you have a lot of files to transfer, it may be slower than using a card reader.
I can say that usiually is a fast method if your a re on the go and dont have a SD reader with you. For downloading the files I just copy and paste the photos in the folder that I want. When I plug the spark in it is recognoized as an USB unite and you have to turn it on.

I think plugging the spark into the computer is way too much of a hassle. I just pop the card out and stick it into the adapter that is already in my laptop. Other's disagree however:rolleyes:
If you're that worried about forgetting to put the card back into the spark just buy a second card and install it when the other comes out.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
My issue is, if I use all four batteries flying, I get a little anxious trying to transfer media just with the Spark/PC cable. It's just too easy popping the SD card out.

Ive been moving to cloud storage, you can transfer wirelessly to your phone without removing the sd card at all, and let phone upload to your photo cloud account service when you're back at Wi-Fi.

A lot of people say that for getting the spark original footage you have to insert an SD card in your PC .But I just plug my spark via micro usb in my laptop and then go on the DCIM folder.Is that method right too?
Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response. I was under the impression the Cache was the HD version. You have solved my confusion! Thanks again! Jim

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef