Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tripod mods and Sunshield for the ipad 9.7"

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
modded a spare, solid, tripod to mount my ipad pro 9.7", with a Sun shield and a mount for the Spark Controller...
The ipad uses the cable to the controller for better video signal (cable not shown)
and there is lots of potential for battery packs etc within the tripod area.

IMG_3778s.JPGIMG_3779s.JPGIMG_3782sc.JPGIMG_3783s.JPGIMG_3784s.JPGIMG_3785s.JPGIMG_3786s.JPG

all I need now is a break in the weather to film at the shoreline...

Very innovative and impressive rig you have. It doesn't look like it costs an arm and a leg to set up. How did you attach the controller to the tripod? Good job Brian!

Reactions: BrianP
Very innovative and impressive rig you have. It doesn't look like it costs an arm and a leg to set up. How did you attach the controller to the tripod? Good job Brian!
cheers SoccerRef12!
bootsale tripod, cheap as chips because it had no shoe
piece of angle alloy, attached to the tapping for the 'vertical winder lock', on the tripod
as pic below, with red highlight around the new, longer stud...

IMG_3788b.JPGIMG_3787r.JPG

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Excellent set up. Only small point I would make is it would be a bit cumbersome if you get a flyaway and need to move quickly to follow or even better recover.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianP
Excellent set up. Only small point I would make is it would be a bit cumbersome if you get a flyaway and need to move quickly to follow or even better recover.
at 70 and with my health issues, I cannot move quickly for almost anything lol... It makes things so much easier for me when Im not juggling which device to hold and which device to put down... I saw a youtube vid the other day where the guy had to put the controller down!
The tripod is not for everyone, as is the use of a 9.7" ipad, but its working out at present. Cheers twickers14!

Although it doesn't appear to be very portable, it does seem to be practical.

Especially if you plan on flying for a while from the same spot with multiple batteries or drones.

I think a lawn chair would be a perfect accessory to the rig. :)

There might be a market for such a device that can be added to an existing tripod for use as a flight deck. ?

Hey Mavmount, are you listening?

Although it doesn't appear to be very portable, it does seem to be practical.

Especially if you plan on flying for a while from the same spot with multiple batteries or drones.

I think a lawn chair would be a perfect accessory to the rig. :)

There might be a market for such a device that can be added to an existing tripod for use as a flight deck. ?

Hey Mavmount, are you listening?
cheers Spark317!
mk2 has a bar stool, with a backrest and you can spin round and round and round on...
there is a space on the mount for resting the Spark when you want to put it somewhere off the ground.
Flight deck is my hand as shown in the video called 'wild day-poor sparky

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe