Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

( trouble hooking up OTG cable to cell phone on Android platform)

craigjh

Join
May 7, 2018
Can somebody please help me on hooking up my OTG cable properly to my Android device and what the steps are in doing so. I bought an OTG cable but a week and a half ago I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 granted it's an older cell phone it is compatible with DJI go 4 app and everything I've had my spark since April just recently bought the controller a month ago and now I'm having trouble hooking up the OTG cable and have watched numerous videos and have seen so many different ways on how to and have tried a few of them but does not work for me. Can anybody help me out and why it's not working and guide me through the steps it would be greatly appreciated please and thank you.[emoji1]

There are many list of step by step instructions for using OTG cable.
For me key elements is to connect the RC to the drone and connect at last the OTG cable to the RC, then the phone ask what app to launch, Go4 and by me it always connect.
I don't like to much to connect disconnect each time the connector on the RC as it seems to me fragile. Maybe the new update solved that, have to try.
Note also that there was OTG cable that was not working correctly, most of them said as made for Spark should be ok.
Also I don't know if the S3 support such OTG connection, hope for you it will.

The new firmware was suppose to sort this on Android 1000 version and I'm having the same problems no mater which order I do it in its hit or miss if it works I've been having loads of disconnections as well. I've just used dumldore and downloaded 701 just going out flying to test it now from testing it in my house signal and video feed looks promising.

Just got back from testing 701 a.c. firmware I tried it with the normal dji go4 app 4.2.21 android with my s8 and it was still really bad laggy and disconnecting few times.
And then I tried it on my s7 with tss App which is based on dji go app 4.1.15 and wow what a difference that made absolutely no lagging or disconnections I think I've found my combo for the spark for now till dji gets it's arse in gear and fixes there issues.

Wow the wind at the moment in the uk is blowing and the spark quite surprised me hahaha

Samsung Galaxy S3 was released May 2012. In terms of cell phone technology 6 years is about two lifetimes. Even if it runs DJI Go 4 app with latest firmware update it may not be supported.

You should try a second or third OTG cable to be certain because they may look identical but some just don't work.

Hope it works out for you

HI guy
It sounds like you only have a mini USB charge cable and not a data cable. Also the controller is very specific as to which end of the cable is plugged in. My Samsung s5 phone is not detected if I plug my data cable in the wrong direcyion.

Can somebody please help me on hooking up my OTG cable properly to my Android device and what the steps are in doing so. I bought an OTG cable but a week and a half ago I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 granted it's an older cell phone it is compatible with DJI go 4 app and everything I've had my spark since April just recently bought the controller a month ago and now I'm having trouble hooking up the OTG cable and have watched numerous videos and have seen so many different ways on how to and have tried a few of them but does not work for me. Can anybody help me out and why it's not working and guide me through the steps it would be greatly appreciated please and thank you.[emoji1]

I've got a Huawei P20 Pro and a USB otg with a miniUSB on one end and USB-C on the other. Doesn't seem to matter when I plug the cable in, in fact if I start the RC and plug the cable in (or vice-versa) the Go 4 app starts up and connects then waits until I start the Spark before the Go Fly button comes up.

The only way it works for me is, power up the spark, then power up the controller, wait yill the controller and spark are linked, then plug in the otg cable and wait, the dji go 4 app will start and will sync with controller, it is the only way it works for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johny parker