Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Truth about DJI Care Refresh

chris_yy

Join
Mar 21, 2018
I wonder if everyone knows that DJI will replace your drone with a refurbished one?
screen-shot-2018-03-20-at-11-00-32-pm-png.3878

After I received the worst after-sales service from DJI, I was browsing the drone forums and I found this. 大疆!大疆!大疆!你们这样对待用户? (The original post was in chinese dji forum)

The guy sent his drone for repair and received a drone with half refurbished parts. If you scroll down you can see the pictures that the refurbished drone has his QR code sticker on the top and other guy's sticker on the side.

Also, you can not get a refurbished drone in some cases like your drone lost in the ocean, even if it's a hardware malfunction (which I don't think they will admit it). So for some beach lovers (like me), this program may not be as effective as you thought.

Reactions: ongone
Hi
And this also if you have a faulty drone that’s still have warranty on. DJI don’t repair, or give you a new replacement. They do only deliver a refurbished one. My 1 month old drone have now been sent to Nederland, so I am rather concerned about the conditions of the refurbished one I will get back.

I wonder if everyone knows that DJI will replace your drone with a refurbished one?

After I received the worst after-sales service from DJI, I was browsing the drone forums and I found this. 大疆!大疆!大疆!你们这样对待用户? (The original post was in chinese dji forum)

The guy sent his drone for repair and received a drone with half refurbished parts. If you scroll down you can see the pictures that the refurbished drone has his QR code sticker on the top and other guy's sticker on the side.

Also, you can not get a refurbished drone in some cases like your drone lost in the ocean, even if it's a hardware malfunction (which I don't think they will admit it). So for some beach lovers (like me), this program may not be as effective as you thought.

Falling in the ocean is not a big deal as long as you get it back. I have the getterback attached.

In case the members and guests of the Forum don't know, this is the GetterBack. :)

Fly / Float Safe.

Hi
And this also if you have a faulty drone that’s still have warranty on. DJI don’t repair, or give you a new replacement. They do only deliver a refurbished one. My 1 month old drone have now been sent to Nederland, so I am rather concerned about the conditions of the refurbished one I will get back.
I lost a drone to a faulty condition and DJI game me a coupon for the cost of a new drone and sent me a mnew drone same color as old one, they also sent me an extra controller and SD Card, it was warranty issue not DJI Care I think that is the difference.

Fly-aways and accidentally landing in water (without flotation add-ons which are an interesting idea) are two of the reasons I think that many drone owners like myself turned to companies like State Farm Insurance for personal article policy riders which cover the entire replacement cost of the drone. All for about $60 or less per year. They cover both cases that dji refresh says they wont...

Yes I have the refresh but I just got the State Farm, I got it on the drone, ipad and all my equipment as it covers theft as well, it was $75 but I insured $1400 of equipment

Reactions: PaulsSpark104
Reactions: PaulsSpark104

This is all in the Terms and Conditions you read BEFORE you purchase the Care Refresh.

Reactions: Rhino_421
Hi

That is incorrect. You get back what they deem as coverage with their warranty or DJI Care Refresh.
Case in point, my first Spark rarely got a home lock even with a 10 minute flight.
Sent it back 10 days old and I got a new Spark back - no "R" in the new serial number.
Since that replacement, I have put the Spark through touch flights - snow, fog, light rain.
Got to the point where the motors started to surge in Sport Mode and on one flight, I reached 1640 feet (500m) and started to pan around. I glanced to the altitude and noticed I was at 1750 feet. The Spark did not stop at 1640 and was climbing on its own. Finally regained control at 1918 feet.

I turned it in for service and got a refurb with an "R" in the serial number.

Most service plans have two steps:
Repair - Same unit repair
Replacement - Part replacement new or refurbished part. (Part being entire drone)

New Replacement is usually only for confirmed extreme circumstances if at all.

Anyone who has the expectation of retail new replacements for any plan out there for any product should confirm in writing prior to purchase.

Generally most in company programs have great, like new refurbished parts. Not as likely with third party programs that use non-genuine parts in repairs or refurbishments.

My next objective is to get a waterproof strobe light and strap it to the getterback.

Make sure to mount the strobe away from the downward positioning camera so it can't "see" the strobe.

I mounted mine on the bottom of the battery and it was not good.
Fifty seconds of terror as the Spark couldn't tell where the ground was on take off and I was forced to do a hard landing from twenty feet ht.

I've since mounted it to the rear arm and all is well now. :)

Reactions: Ben Chapman
In case the members and guests of the Forum don't know, this is the GetterBack. :)

Fly / Float Safe.

Ha that's a good idea, I like it. However not much good unless you own a boat or don't mind taking a dip yourself to get back your getterback :D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme