Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Trying to update firmware!

Rick Morton

Join
Aug 27, 2017
I'm trying to update the firmware using the Assistant. I plugged in the Spark, showed up on the app, selected UPDATE FIRMWARE. Now I see "TRANSMITTING..." and 0%. The lights have been flashing for 10 minutes or more... no increase in the percentage. What's up? Help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 8.54.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 8.54.38 AM.png
    112 KB · Views: 13
Ok... what happens is when I first run the Assistant and plug in the Spark... it says "Updating no-fly zone is required. Continue? or Ignore."
If I CONTINUE, the above happens. Just keeps showing Transmitting but the percentage never increases. If I say IGNORE, it takes me to the firmware update, which works. I'm now doing it for all 6 batteries. But still can't get the No-fly update to work. >?????

Ok... what happens is when I first run the Assistant and plug in the Spark... it says "Updating no-fly zone is required. Continue? or Ignore."
If I CONTINUE, the above happens. Just keeps showing Transmitting but the percentage never increases. If I say IGNORE, it takes me to the firmware update, which works. I'm now doing it for all 6 batteries. But still can't get the No-fly update to work. >?????

I recently ran into the same issue and just ignored it. You will get that warning once in a while and I continue to ignore it. Maybe it is a bug that will get corrected soon.

I'm trying it again now. Downloads immediately but then just says Transmitting... 0%. My fear is that since it says "updating no-fly zones is REQUIRED'... I'll go out to fly and it won't let me because the database isn't updated. I'll call DJI on Monday.

Just ignore it, the app will tell you if it wants it later and let you update form there.

I'm trying it again now. Downloads immediately but then just says Transmitting... 0%. My fear is that since it says "updating no-fly zones is REQUIRED'... I'll go out to fly and it won't let me because the database isn't updated. I'll call DJI on Monday.

Are you in a NFZ?

I try same with otg cable in RC. Doesnt work. Then, I remove otg, finde wifi for RC connect and update work. After that, find with android device, without otg cable dron netvork (first, start the spark. Second, hold batery until I here 2 beeps, then you can finde spark wifi again). Now, update go no problem. After this, u must repeat this for all battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef