Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

turning off spark' s leds

mattitech07

Join
Mar 30, 2019
Hi,is there a way to turn off the leds ?I think I can gain some extra minutes of flight time if I do this.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the Litchi third party app may have the ability to turn off the LED's?

You can disable the bottom sensors with Litchi.

I don't think the LED's draw much power at all and they are very important to have as the blinking lights have a lot to say, especially the rear status lights.

The flash patterns will tell you the status of the Spark without a device if you know what's it telling you.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
In litchi front leds can be turned off .
i recently did a long range test but I forgot to to turn on the camera. Normally I end around 2400 meters and 60% battery.
This time I ended at 2500 meters and 70 % battery.
If you put on the camera just when you need it , it can save you energy.

Turning on the video camera turns off the LEDs, but the camera uses much more current than the LEDs.

The current draw of LEDs is so miniscule, that it would not make a measurable difference in battery life

I don’t thing this will save you much when it comes to battery but you can do this with superpatcher using stealth mode. I have not used the feature. I use it for the Galileo sats but turning off the leds is something you can patch if you wanted to

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav