Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Two OTG questions

Mjbok

Join
Jan 23, 2018
Now that the OTG cable is actually supported I had two questions.

1. Does anyone have problems getting the OTG (or the charging) cable into the controller? It looks like on part of my port is slightly bowed. In the pic below it is hard to see, but with the naked eye it is more evident.

2. I notice that my Spark was drifting today which I remembered hearing from people who were using the OTG cable before. However it might have be a rotate drift as well as a left to right drift. Has anyone seen this?

//DJI sent me a prepaid shipper to send the controller back. This effectively grounds it until I get it back. Will have to fly my Typhoon H instead.sparkport.jpg

Is OTG cable actually supported?

Given that they have an OTG cable on the Spark accessories page on the DJI site I would assume it is now. It no longer comes up with the error messages after the last app update.

Now that the OTG cable is actually supported I had two questions.

1. Does anyone have problems getting the OTG (or the charging) cable into the controller? It looks like on part of my port is slightly bowed. In the pic below it is hard to see, but with the naked eye it is more evident.

2. I notice that my Spark was drifting today which I remembered hearing from people who were using the OTG cable before. However it might have be a rotate drift as well as a left to right drift. Has anyone seen this?

//DJI sent me a prepaid shipper to send the controller back. This effectively grounds it until I get it back. Will have to fly my Typhoon H instead.View attachment 3373
In reply to 1...

The plug on the controller is a USB Micro-A jack. The plug on your OTG cable is Micro-B. The B jack is shaped to prevent inserting it backwards, which is why it is popular. Unfortunately, the A jack will let a B plug in upside down. BE CAREFUL, you can snap the pins. Be cautious, don't force. Perhaps mark which side is correct to prevent damage. If the correct way, they go in easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme