Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Unable to connect to spark or reset

xev11

Join
Jul 5, 2018
I was able to use my spark and controller fine several days ago. But ever since it flew, I can't get it working again. It powers up and sounds the startup sound. But no wifi signal and can't connect to remote. I can't connect from my Android either since it doesn't show a wifi. I can't reset the drone since when I hold it l, there is no sound.

I cannot connect to a PC since I'm still on the trip for which I bought it.

Any advice?

Do you follow all the steps for rebinding the ac to rc.I ha d the same problem today and tried many times to hold the battery button for 3 seconds but there was no beep, then I read that the ac need to be turned on first :) :). I turned the ac , held the button and it beeped. The rc needs to be turned on, too. Then pressed Pause, Fn and the back, right lower button and it started the binding.

Reactions: Scottdt21
AC as in spark? Yes I turned it on first. And without turning on the rc at all.

Yes, the AC is the aircraft(spark)
Here is the video tutorial.
There are two methods for linking your spark to the remote controller. First one is with using your phone, second is without phone, just the remote. I use the second one. (at 1:36 in the following video)

The problem is that mine doesn't beep when I hold the power button on the drone.

My problem the same!
Had great fun for three weeks, now can't link!
Never beeps when I press function/power button on battery. This means the wi-fi inside is not working obviously because I can't link anymore. Dang! and have you seen the horror stories about trying to get DJI to repair? A local DJI just opened a few months ago in Scottsdale at the Quarter but it's a franchise and not an "Authorized" dealer and to my shock and chagrin, their "policy" is that they refused to help me with some basic setup problems as their "classes" were only for buyers at their store. The irony is that I went there to buy a Spark initially but they were out of stock of the flymore package so I wound up buying at Best Buy. Nevertheless, since I needed help understanding linking naturally at the initial setup, they said the charge was a $100 per hour for someone who didn't buy there. As I felt I had no choice, I paid it and to be fair, the guy who helped me was very knowledgeable and helpful. I will go there to see if they can help me now with this specific problem. Will update.

I think I solved my problem. Here's what I did.
Removed micro SD.
Installed dji assistant (had to restart with driver's disabled).
Connected spark and downgraded firmware to the smallest available version.
Tested power button. It now beeps when it's supposed to and shows wifi signal
Connected to remote.
Works. For now.

Same thing happened with me yesterday, probably because DJI app offered me update and i accepted...
So, there is no Spark Wi fi, there is not possible to reset.
Please, xev11, can you explain me better "Installed dji assistant (had to restart with driver's disabled). "
I installed new version but Assistant don'e see my Spark at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit