Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Update on Spark Repair

clackey

SparkPilots Owner
Staff member
Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Southlake, Texas
Just some history and an update on my Spark repair...

The first day we had the Spark we were outside with the kiddos and I gave them control of gesture mode. All was well until one kiddo guided it towards the house gave the "backup" gesture so it backed into the house, crashing down on the sidewalk. One motor wouldn't turn. Partially my fault as I should have warned them that there wasn't a sensor on the back. Anyway, this is what DJI refresh is for right?

I was hoping for a quick turnaround as we had a family trip planned in a couple weeks so I filled out the forms and shipped it back the next day. Unfortunately, I might have been the first spark in for repairs as they didn't seem to know what to do with it. My 1-3 days of "expected" time in damage assessment took two weeks. After several chats with support and no real answers, I finally got an email with my $49 replacement quote (or $160 repair fee) so paid my $49 and started the next phase yesterday.

Not really surprised as I didn't have high expectations for DJI support, especially so early in the Spark life. Would have been nice to have it on our two week road trip through the west, however.

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 6.12.22 AM.png

Thanks for the news! That's rather unfortunate that it took so long and you missed a road trip with it... Hope ya don't have to send it in again!
It's interesting how they said 1-3 days but it took 2 weeks... Just my thoughts, but that tells me they are backed up severely with Spark repairs/returns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme