Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Urgent!! Need help

Chris An

Join
May 30, 2017
Heard OTG will not work on android system. I am currently using s8 plus. And trying to buy tablet for my spark. Should i buy apple tablet and use with OTG? Or samsung tablet with wifi connection???

Thanks in advance

Then turn off auto update apps in play store so it doesn't roll you ahead. That's what I did on my s7 edge.

Reactions: Chris An
WiFi works great with S8+... has plenty of power to handle to image without more lag than OTG. I used to use OTG every flight till 4.1.10. Since then I fly wifi all the time. Never had low signal or loss of signal.

Reactions: Tilak
WiFi works great with S8+... has plenty of power to handle to image without more lag than OTG. I used to use OTG every flight till 4.1.10. Since then I fly wifi all the time. Never had low signal or loss of signal.
Distance?

Heard OTG will not work on android system. I am currently using s8 plus. And trying to buy tablet for my spark. Should i buy apple tablet and use with OTG? Or samsung tablet with wifi connection???

Thanks in advance
I use an iPad with wifi with my Spark...it's great no need for OTG cable at all

I'm in Australia so I got a distance of 780mtrs in a heavily wooded area on 5.8ghz...could have gone further in 2.4ghz...go for the iPad, it really is the better option to use with the Spark

I've only just set up my new Spark (got the Fly More combo for birthday) and after getting it working using my phone only, then phone + controller, then reading that OTG doesn't work on Android, I was getting ready to return it. Just tried, and it didn't work. I switched the cable around (OTG in controller instead of phone) and it works. I'll need to take it for a proper flight to be sure of all features (can't fly outside at home due to proximity of airport) but could connect and take off inside.

I'm using a Motorola Moto X Play on 7.1.1.

I've only just set up my new Spark (got the Fly More combo for birthday) and after getting it working using my phone only, then phone + controller, then reading that OTG doesn't work on Android, I was getting ready to return it. Just tried, and it didn't work. I switched the cable around (OTG in controller instead of phone) and it works. I'll need to take it for a proper flight to be sure of all features (can't fly outside at home due to proximity of airport) but could connect and take off inside.

I'm using a Motorola Moto X Play on 7.1.1.
Yeah for me... I have to have the cable in the remote first. Then open app then plug to phone. Or doesn't work. Alot of phone is systems have different way of recognizing the cable

Reactions: antnyp85
I confirm that I also use version 4.1.15 and nn the exchange !!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS A YOU E FAMILY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis