Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

use with fatshark goggles?

Cavi

Join
May 28, 2017
anyone know if there is a module to allow me to run the spark with my fatsharks?

Nothing we are aware of at this time. DJI would like you to use their Goggles ;)

anyone know if there is a module to allow me to run the spark with my fatsharks?

From what I have heard about the DJI goggles, you would be disappointed in anything else.

Reactions: Advexure
From what I have heard about the DJI goggles, you would be disappointed in anything else.

I'm loving my DJI Goggles. Used them a bunch today on the Mavic. Far better than the Fatsharks but obviously understand if you're investment is currently in Fatsharks you'd want to be able to use them. Obviously so much more functionality with the DJI Goggles...they honestly blow the Fatsharks out of the water.

The best you're probably going to be able to do is connect the goggles to a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1).

they honestly blow the Fatsharks out of the water.
No doubt. A fairer comparison would be something like the HeadPlay HD though. Fat Sharks are a totally different class of goggles -- and are a stellar choice if you're most interested in portability. Try putting the DJI Goggles in your pocket ;)

Reactions: Advexure
No doubt. A fairer comparison would be something like the HeadPlay HD though. Fat Sharks are a totally different class of goggles -- and are a stellar choice if you're most interested in portability. Try putting the DJI Goggles in your pocket ;)
@msinger is exactly right. Comparing the DJI goggles to the Fatsharks is like comparing the Mavic to a FPV racing drone/quad. I own various goggles (DJI, Cinemizers & Moverio) and the fairest comparison would be DJI vs. Cinemizer which DJI wins except for portability.

@msinger is exactly right. Comparing the DJI goggles to the Fatsharks is like comparing the Mavic to a FPV racing drone/quad. I own various goggles (DJI, Cinemizers & Moverio) and the fairest comparison would be DJI vs. Cinemizer which DJI wins except for portability.

There is definitely something to be said about the simplicity of the Cinemizers compared to the DJI Goggles, but then again the DJI Goggles offer far more functionality. I must say that it's been hard for me to get a good feel for the operations of the DJI Goggles (learning all of the different menus)...I'm sure with a good couple of hours of actually sitting down and reading and watching I'll have it down. Jumped in yesterday for my first extensive use without reading a single manual on operation.

One of our guys hear has pretty much mastered all of the menus and everything but it's very hard to teach and answer questions since as an instructor you're not seeing what the user is seeing. Makes for a lot of "one minute, let take a look real quick at what you're seeing"...

Overall I love the DJI Goggles though. Very happy to see how they have turned out.

for those that have been using the DJI Goggles, do you feel they would not work for FPV Racing? I have read that while they are great for FPV flying, they would not be good for racing. I believe the comment had to do with the lag in the signal; not being a problem when flying the Mavic or Spark but on a racer the lag could cause problems popping through trees or tight turns.

for those that have been using the DJI Goggles, do you feel they would not work for FPV Racing? I have read that while they are great for FPV flying, they would not be good for racing. I believe the comment had to do with the lag in the signal; not being a problem when flying the Mavic or Spark but on a racer the lag could cause problems popping through trees or tight turns.
I build and race FPV quads using Fatsharks and I personally think these would be ideal for that use. I don't understand how anyone can talk about the lag, I haven't encounter any on my Mavic. With that said, the DJI Goggles can't be used on you typical FPV builds due to the fact that they can't receive the signal from the vtx

aviscomi: appreciate the reply. I think it was on the FliteTest review where the spoke about the lag.

aviscomi: appreciate the reply. I think it was on the FliteTest review where the spoke about the lag.
If you remember when the Mavic was first announced DJI had a video of 2 guy flying it in sport mode through a wooded area wearing the DJI goggles.

Reactions: David Almond
Hi !
As msinger started out all those methods will work that let you use goggles with the Mavic:
Android device with HDMI out + any HDMI goggle or iOS / Android device casting the screen to a cast dongle plugged in HDMI dongles.
AND of course the EPSON Moverio BT-300 that i use for my Mavic as well.

Greetings,
Ender

I build and race FPV quads using Fatsharks and I personally think these would be ideal for that use. I don't understand how anyone can talk about the lag, I haven't encounter any on my Mavic. With that said, the DJI Goggles can't be used on you typical FPV builds due to the fact that they can't receive the signal from the vtx
Hi !
Well there ARE cheap solutions to use a 5.8G receiver and add a CVBS/HDMI converter ($7) and there you are :)

Ender

Hi !
Well there ARE cheap solutions to use a 5.8G receiver and add a CVBS/HDMI converter ($7) and there you are :)

Ender
Yes, I'll have to check out some of the cheaper options. I do have the Connex HD system (VTX & RX) on one of my larger quads which I could use with the DJI Goggles. The problem with the Connex is that the VTX is too large for smaller builds.

Yes, I'll have to check out some of the cheaper options. I do have the Connex HD system (VTX & RX) on one of my larger quads which I could use with the DJI Goggles. The problem with the Connex is that the VTX is too large for smaller builds.
Yep, using WiDV for my big bird :)

Ender

You must have "big" pockets. The Fat Sharks don't fit in my pockets, either

You must have "big" pockets. The Fat Sharks don't fit in my pockets, either
I suppose so. I'm not into wearing skinny jeans ;)

I don't have any goggles other than DJI, but I've read from others who have other kinds that the DJIs are the best by far.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex