Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Useful info for new/prospective Spark owners - Updated Jan 14, 2018

That is exactly what I thought after reading the forums for days.
Anyone knows what is the best firmware for Android and Europe users?

A bit longer flying time? Somehow I don't believe that sadly, maybe it's just a placebo?

Could be. I've not measured it precisely, but I have achieved flights of over ten minutes, and only since the .0900 firmware update. It was also listed as improving battery times on the patch notes.

My average flight times in February with average temperatures around 5-7C, are around 12 minutes, with both .900 and .300 firmwares.

Another potential noob question here, but what order do you recommend we turn everything on? I've only completed 3 flights but here is what I do.

1. Turn on the remote.
2. Go into my Wifi settuings on my phone and connect to it.
3. Open the DJI Go 4 app.
4. Turn on the Spark.

This works but there does seem to be an unusually long time before I get the green "Connected" appear in the top left corner of the app.

Is there a better way to do this?

Reactions: Kanehi
Another potential noob question here, but what order do you recommend we turn everything on? I've only completed 3 flights but here is what I do.

1. Turn on the remote.
2. Go into my Wifi settuings on my phone and connect to it.
3. Open the DJI Go 4 app.
4. Turn on the Spark.

This works but there does seem to be an unusually long time before I get the green "Connected" appear in the top left corner of the app.

Is there a better way to do this?
I always switch on Spark first, to let it search for GPS and other information

Hi.
Really good post. I have the spark for 1 month and i love it. For me as flying camera it is 110%. I can take it to trips all over .
The flight time is short (10-14 min only; the sport mode is fun but kill the battery).
Therefore i have 3 battery.

I can tell that that sometimes it is really surprise me with the distance /altitude that it can covered.

It is really good start up drone.
For those that consider to buy it without the remote dont do it :
1.it increase the potential to lost it.
2.when u fly with remote u have a good control an more options.
I know that in Israel now if u buy the drone u get the rc free of charge.

So enjoy [emoji3]

I always turn first RC then Spark few seconds later. That doesn't mean that method works the best though. Maybe I will change the method just for the test, since few times I had awful connection and image quality. Will first turn on the Spark as ulnar suggested. How long to let it to search? Few seconds?

I stole this from another thread, but this has worked perfectly for me every time. Spark with remote, iPhone 7 and OTG cable.

1. Power on Remote Control
2. Power on Spark
3. Let them Connect.
4. Put iPhone into Airplane Mode
5. Start the DJI app (Device Disconnected Screen)
6. Plug OTG cable into iPhone first
7. Plug Cable into Remote Control
8. Say OK to Device Warning

Some good advice here apart from your very first point. You don't need to fly 2 miles away to get some excellent videos and photos. If you use the RC the Spark is not a selfie drone. (Unless of course, if you only use hand gestures, but then you're treating it like a toy drone and not using this amazing little machine to its full potential.)

I stole this from another thread, but this has worked perfectly for me every time. Spark with remote, iPhone 7 and OTG cable.

1. Power on Remote Control
2. Power on Spark
3. Let them Connect.
4. Put iPhone into Airplane Mode
5. Start the DJI app (Device Disconnected Screen)
6. Plug OTG cable into iPhone first
7. Plug Cable into Remote Control
8. Say OK to Device Warning
Airplane Mode also for Android?

Reactions: Richard Skaggs
Airplane Mode also for Android?
Yes, especially when you connect to the RC via OTG. If you happen to own an Android phone which can connect to the RC via 5GHz WiFi (my LG V10 and old Ascend Mate 7 can do that) turn on airplane mode and then switch wifi on afterwards.

Please can somone give me spark drones phone number. I seem to have a broken a gimble wire and I need to ship this spark drones back to have it look at

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme