Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

video didnt record to sd card

Really fed up now. I replaced that card with another Sandisk Ultra, and this ones even worse. It`s done it 3 times now! I`m being very careful to remember to turn off recording before I power the Bird down, followed by the RC. Any ideas? Ive just ordered a Kingston anyway. Really fed up with this..

Its interesting, because I just cleared the video cache in the Spark, and re formatted the card, and after doing it, is said Write Speed not fast enough for 4K videos... Now am I missing something here? Firstly its not shooting in full 4k is it? Secondly, its a Sandisc Ultra 64k 10 card. I wasnt aware they came any faster?

Reactions: Andre Levite
Ok thanks Andre. I`ll try it again with this card now Ive done what I mentioned, and hopefully that might have `fixed` the issue, but I`ll be using the new card as my goto, soon as it arrives, and if I get another backup, I`ll try the Samsung

Reactions: Andre Levite
64GB is the sweet spot. Big enough to use in DSLR and GoPro and Spark without worrying about filling too quick.

Spark can handle up to 128GB. Those are on sale today for $19.99. Good timing

View attachment 9645

Per the manual, 64gb is the maximum.

April 22, 2019 124856 PM EDT.jpg

Per the manual, 64gb is the maximum.

View attachment 9646

You can't believe everything in that manual...

My 128GB card works fine!

Maybe they updated the firmware but not the manual?

But as I said "64GB is the sweet spot". More versatile to have two 64 rather than a single 128

My 128GB card works!

Maybe they updated the firmware but not the manual?

That's a possibility.

When I purchased a card for the Spark, the sales clerk said that a bigger card may work, but it may not write correctly to it since the limit of the Spark was 64gb.

Good to hear it works.
At 1080p, you've got a Grand Canyon of storage. :)

For me, 16GB is more than enough for the Spark. I use two Sandisk Extreme Plus U3 16GB.

You gonna burn through some batteries to fill up a 64/128GB card :)

Did you format the card using the Spark?
i think i formatted it in my computer before i left australia to go overseas...it didnt record over in indonesia & now that i am back home i formatted the card in my computer & it records video but still not to the card.....i will try to format it in the spark to see if that works....card is a 64gb sandisk u3 card supposed to be for drones.i also had problems flying it out over the ocean .it only flew 485 metres from me on the shore.i had the controller connected to my i phone 6 via a lead,,i am very new to drone flying but this drone is easy to fly for a novice old bloke like me...thank you for your help..i will try again to format it in the drone....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex