Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video move to trash gone..

zenfly

Join
Jun 23, 2019
I've been flying my Spark for 4mos and the MA about 1mos. When I want to delete a video I would right click and in the options there would be a choice "move to trash".. Well today it's gone from the choices and I can't figure another way to delete. When I drag it to trash I get "The item “DJI_0141.MOV” can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted." Can someone tell me what happened or what I did..Thanks for looking

EDIT: The answer is in post 6,7&8 and something simple I didn't know.

Last edited:
What type of device are you using?
Thanks for asking...It's been playing my videos for 4mos on my iMac with the Spark. I've just been sticking the card in the side slot and the program that was already in my machine played the videos but then I got the Mavic Air that came set on 4K and quickly found out my 2011 iMac wasn't up to date.. I came right to the forum here and learned I could download 5K Player and I did.. Anyway everything was still fine with the playback with the Mavic Air set on 1080 until this morning. Used to be when I wanted to delete I;d right click the video and one of the choices was "move to trash" and puff it was gone but now that choice is missing and when I try to drag it to trash I get a message "The item “DJI_0141.MOV” can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted." I told you all the boring history because there might be something stupid I did along the way.

Hopefully one of the Mac guys can pipe in. This sounds like a Mac computer question. Once you copied the files you want to your computer, can't you use the DJI Go 4 app to format your SD card?

Reactions: zenfly
Hopefully one of the Mac guys can pipe in. This sounds like a Mac computer question. Once you copied the files you want to your computer, can't you use the DJI Go 4 app to format your SD card?
I just tried another way and a new note popped up said the videos can't be deleted because they're locked... I don't know how I locked them or where to undo it. I know it's something stupid simple but I'm dumber than that I guess.

There is a physical slider lock on the side of some SD cards. Could that be it?
Thanks..I don't see anything there..It's a ScanDisk Extreme Plus.

I also got this note poking around trying to fix it.

The file “DJI_0141.MOV” is on a read-only volume and cannot be unlocked.

There is a physical slider lock on the side of some SD cards. Could that be it?
Wow..thank you very much..I looked all around the micro card and found nothing but then fount the switch on the side of the larger adapter that came with it... I was right in that it was something stupid simple I didn't know about..

Wow..thank you very much..I looked all around the micro card and found nothing but then fount the switch on the side of the larger adapter that came with it... I was right in that it was something stupid simple I didn't know about..
It's happened to me in the past...the exact same problem. Glad it worked!

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex