Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Pause

tomchipps

Join
Mar 1, 2018
I enjoy taking videos and would very much appreciate it if the DJI App gave you the ability to pause the video rather than stop and start. It would be so much easier than pieceing a bunch of short takes together via editing. Any ideas?

I sometimes record the whole flight from start to finish, only stopping it if i need to take a picture.

You never know what you may capture, and wish you did capture something if you didn't.

With a 64gb card, I have a little over 6 hours of recording time at 1080p before I have to dump the card, but I do more often to keep my flights organized.

Thanks, but I am more interested in making videos that you might show someone, say 10 minutes that would be of interest. Hours and hours of video would be very time consuming to edit. Being able to pause in the making would make it so much easier.

A pause button is an interesting idea. But that would force you to use all your segments in the original chronological order. And you wouldn't be able to further trim the length of those segments without some post production tool. Those two factors would yield subpar results for most viewers but sounds like the convenience of never editing is your primary goal.

Since the pause button doesn't exist take a closer look at DJI Go Editor. You can let it automatically edit a group of clips and add transitions and music. The app does some intelligent editing for you. You can hit the refresh button repeatedly until it creates a full length video that meets your approval.

Editing may be time consuming but I have learned to enjoy it. There is a learning curve and tools to master. But editing is an art form and always gives the best results.

I'd favor a highlight button over a pause -- like some GoPro cameras have. When you press the highlight button it tags that segment of footage so it can be found quickly. That's a huge time saver when editing.

Reactions: Spark 317
Since the average movie scene lasts less than seven seconds..you are going to have to edit... or else listen to a lot of snoring and that can be discouraging..
just record the whole flight and cut out the boring stuff...that would probably be most of it and then cut that in half....I'm thinking if you can shoot ten watchable minutes of non edited film you're ready for Hollywood.;)

Just so everyone knows I am very familiar with video editing and at the age of 76 have been doing it for many many years. The deal with "pause" doesn't mean no editing it just means less editing. Of course this whole discussion also depends on the subject matter. In my case it centers around gardens, not people and scenes. Thanks for the contribution none the less.
Show me a video camera that doesn't have "pause", it's there for a reason!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex