Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Waypoints

Does the Spark have to always be connected to the controller to fly a waypoint mission or is the mission uploaded to the drone??

thanks

For Drone Harmony it's uploaded to the drone. You can set it to complete the mission if losses signal.

Reactions: caffeyy
Using Litchi, would the Spark remember the mission if I downloaded it to memory, then powered the drone down then back up again later? I ask because I can see myself wanting to plan missions in areas where I will have no Internet or cell service.

Using Litchi, would the Spark remember the mission if I downloaded it to memory, then powered the drone down then back up again later? I ask because I can see myself wanting to plan missions in areas where I will have no Internet or cell service.

I don’t think missions are saved in memory, but I am not sure so I probably shouldn’t speculate.

I can say however that you don’t need cell service or internet to upload the mission from phone to drone. Plan and save your missions in advance to your phone. When it’s time to fly you just select mission and upload to drone. This doesn’t need internet or cell, it just uses the WiFi connection between your phone and drone or RC.

I don’t think missions are saved in memory, but I am not sure so I probably shouldn’t speculate.

I can say however that you don’t need cell service or internet to upload the mission from phone to drone. Plan and save your missions in advance to your phone. When it’s time to fly you just select mission and upload to drone. This doesn’t need internet or cell, it just uses the WiFi connection between your phone and drone or RC.

Okay, that would work. Still new to the Spark and reading/learning all I can while I wait for spring, or at least a day above -10 C, or warmer likely. My phone is the weak link, dies in the cold.

With Litchi the mission is uploaded to the Spark and will continue even if the RC is loses connection. However, any changes to the gimbal that are part of the mission won't happen while the RC is disconnected.

I use Drone Harmony (DH Basic) for my waypoints missios. Grant you it's a 30 day trial and after that it will cost you $30 for a lifetime use for the hobbyist, but I think it's well worth it to get steady pictures and videos of points of interest. It has a little bit of a learning curve to it and once you understand how it works. It's a pretty good app in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe