Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

weak gps mobile signal

Cojack1234

Join
Nov 26, 2018
My spark says weak gps mobile signal when i want to set the gps location on my mobile. For when i'm walking so it can land on the spot where i am. But i cant use this option because my gps signal is to weak how can i fix this? I have a samsung Galaxy j7 2017 and with google maps my gps works fine.

I have exact same problem with iPhone X:

I can only set the Home Point to location of aircraft at take off. But when I try to set HP to location of Remote Control instead it fails and gives "weak GPS" error message described by OP.

I am turning off WiFi and cellular data manually while leaving GPS on. Maps working fine.

Any confirmed solution would be welcome!

Try the option after the spark has acquired good satellite and homepoint saved. I use an ipad 10.5 with GPS.

It happens every time. Even when app shows 15 satellites

But there is no trouble setting aircraft as Home Point anyway.

The problem occurs when trying to set position of phone/remote combo as Home Point. RC doesn't have its own GPS antenna so it must depend on phone for location. And phone GPS is working fine.

But still get "weak GPS" error with plenty of satellites when trying to use RC location for RTH.

Thanks for responding. Still looking for fix

It happens every time. Even when app shows 15 satellites

But there is no trouble setting aircraft as Home Point anyway.

The problem occurs when trying to set position of phone/remote combo as Home Point. RC doesn't have its own GPS antenna so it must depend on phone for location. And phone GPS is working fine.

But still get "weak GPS" error with plenty of satellites when trying to use RC location for RTH.

Thanks for responding. Still looking for fix
The spark does have a GPS module inside it as well as an antenna otherwise it wouldn't be able to differentiate between home point and where it actually is

Yes. I am aware that the Spark has a GPS antenna. And so does the smart phone. But the RC (remote control) does not. I think you misread the post but I really do appreciate the input.

You are supposed to be able the choose between 2 home points for RTH feature: either the Spark takeoff point OR the phone/RC location.

The phone/RC option fails every time even with plenty of GPS, good phone and different places tried.

Hearing from others they have same problem and searching for answers. All software and firmware updates are applied

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena