Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Weak Image Transmission Signal

Aussie1

Join
Jan 12, 2018
Hello, been flying the spark now for more than 6 months and only recently come across this problem.
"Weak Image Transmission Signal" at top of djigo4 app. I first had it appear about a month ago while on holidays. Did a test fly close with no problems, so I just did my thing thinking I'll update when I get home.
Updated when I got home (V01.00.0900).
Today I drive 2 hours to a wind farm, crank up the spark and same message "Weak Image Transmission Signal". I think well it worked okay last time. NOT this time! I would set home point, take off, then after a couple of minutes it would say returning home. Then it would land at some random point with no signal at all. RC would drop out, leaving me to search for spark in a massive paddock.
I use Ipad pro with OTG cable always. DJI app is up to date. All batteries and RC full charged.
Here's screenshot of what I see.
spark w i t s.png

Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Apparently, the latest versions of the Go 4 app combined with the OTG cable is causing this. You will get the "weak transmission" message and no telemetry. Keep in mind DJI doesn't support the OTG cable for connecting the device to the TX. Most have gone back to Go 4 app 4.1.15. Try a search here as there are lots of threads on this topic.

The consensus is that although the message is there, there is no problem with the image.

Well, that depends, if you have Android it is fairly simple. If you have iOS it is a bit more complicated and will require some knowledge.

Some are claiming the latest firmware & Go 4 app just released has corrected connection issues and many claim to not even need the OTG anymore. Maybe you want to try the newest firmware/app combo first.

Everyone may already know this, but I was experiencing the same problems as described above every time I tried to fly. Then I found out that if I turned OFF bluetooth on the iPad or iPhone that I was connected to the RC with, it solved the problems. So, if your bluetooth is ON, I would suggest trying to turn it OFF and see if that helps.

Today I tried the above solutions and yes they have worked as far as no “Weak Image Transmission Signal”.
I’m unable to fly today due to poor weather here but will post more when I do.
Thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated.

Everyone may already know this, but I was experiencing the same problems as described above every time I tried to fly. Then I found out that if I turned OFF bluetooth on the iPad or iPhone that I was connected to the RC with, it solved the problems. So, if your bluetooth is ON, I would suggest trying to turn it OFF and see if that helps.
Hi RockDog, so you are flying via wifi connection between your RC and Spark ad solved the problem of displaying the Weak Image Transmission signal, right? I am using OTG and turn off wifi and bluetooth and still the same problem exist "Weak Image Transmission" signal always displayed on the top left corner of the display on my iPhone 7 phone all the time.

Today I tried the above solutions and yes they have worked as far as no “Weak Image Transmission Signal”.
I’m unable to fly today due to poor weather here but will post more when I do.
Thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated.
Hi have you sorted your issue with the weak image signal as I have just bought an adapter for my Iphone and am getting the same problem as yourself? Thanks

Hello, yes problem solved. With no OTG cable the W I T S warning is gone.
Hi, I don't get the W I T S warning with just the WIFI link but I bought this adapter tried it out and then I get it. I also fly a Mavic using a cable with no problems. It looks like DJI are playing silly games.

Attachments

• IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Probably had something to do with those massive wind turbines you where trying to explore ya dingbat.
The cause of the message is from using the (unsupported) OTG adapter in combination with certain versions of the Go4 app, not from the turbines.

*This applies to everyone. Please abide by the rules and refrain from name calling. Thank you.
Community Rules

I do not use the OTG cable, i was outside for my second flight with the spark today and got that message multiple times.

I will update if i encounter it again.

The cause of the message is from using the (unsupported) OTG adapter in combination with certain versions of the Go4 app, not from the turbines.

*This applies to everyone. Please abide by the rules and refrain from name calling. Thank you.
Community Rules
I have actually used the cable of my mavic and I still get the W I T S warning.

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Hi guys. Came across this thread and am having the same problems regardless of using WiFi or using an OTG cable. Did anyone figure out a solution. Weak image transmission signal appears anywhere from 30m up and 30m if contact sometimes reconnects at hover but will drop out again soon after, and yes beginner mode is off. Running go4 ver 4.3.24 and all firmwares up to date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67