Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wet Spark. A true story.

I like what this guy does with his Spark and the tips and tricks he shares on his channel. But I am not sure if the "rice method" is ideal for any device which has intricate moving parts. A tiny bit of rice powder stuck somewhere may affect the functionality of the gimbal for example.

I like what this guy does with his Spark and the tips and tricks he shares on his channel. But I am not sure if the "rice method" is ideal for any device which has intricate moving parts. A tiny bit of rice powder stuck somewhere may affect the functionality of the gimbal for example.
This is exactly why you should save all those silica gel packets that come packaged with new electronics. I keep them in a big ziplock bag. I have amassed quite a collection. lol

But I am not sure if the "rice method" is ideal for any device

This is exactly why you should save all those silica gel packets that come packaged with new electronics. I keep them in a big ziplock bag. I have amassed quite a collection. lol

I have seen YouTube videos of backyard scientists that have a home made vacuum chamber, would this work for the Spark or would a vacuum cause harm to the electronics inside, evaporating something?

What about the battery in a vacuum?

Just curious. ?

Would this mess with things like the altitude sensor? Is there air sealed or trapped in the camera components? I guess it depends on how effective your vaccum chamber is.

I suggest milspec dessicant bag(s). They do an excellent job of absorbing moisture, are fully self contained and can be reactivated by following the bake temp/time instructions, so they can be used over and over. Humidity indicator cards can be purchased so you'll know how well the bag is performing. It's the most non-iffy way I can think of to try and save electronics that have taken a dip.

Love the video, btw. Gotta say though, I cringed when you shook the rice out of the drone. That would've been a good day to buy a lottery ticket. At least you resurrected Sparky and can celebrate with some stir fry.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme