Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What do you carry your Spark in?

I've had bad experience with sunshade in moderate to high wind conditions.
Craft rotates 90 degrees and back on occasions. This will ruin your video, obviously.
I do not intend to use it again.

Edit: had a re-read.. definitely get a proper gimbal protector. Big advantage, low cost
Thanks guys, will get one.

Go Professional Compact Case
I think I’m gonna get Fly More Case and pass this down to my son.

From Multirotorheli.ca
A8E98308-7C50-4288-BC06-0A6ACBFA6911.jpeg12EBF434-2131-4FA1-8C62-973CCA74305A.jpeg44747313-81B7-456D-B5FB-A1AABBF445F4.jpeg

Here's a site for a Pelican case.

Here's a site for the foam insert for my new case I just acquired recently. The Nanuk 915 .

Thanks to cxwrench showing his Nanuk 905 case, it inspired me to purchase the Nanuk 915 Fly More Case.

The inserts may be a little smaller compared to the Harbour Freight case but with some fudging, it may work for you.

Here is a picture of my Nanuk 915 foam insert sitting inside my Harbor Freight case.(17"w x 12"d x 3 5"t, not including the lid space, +1.5".) interior dimensions.

View attachment 9207

It's centered with about 1.25" on the sides with plenty of room in the lid.

I modified the case insert a bit to accommodate the nine batteries that I have.
The actual insert holds 4 plus 1 on the Spark.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the actual foam insert shown in the pic? The interior dimension of my case is 12"w x 9.25"d.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the actual foam insert shown in the pic? The interior dimension of my case is 12"w x 9.25"d.

According to the Nanuk website, it measures 13.8"l x 9.3"w x 6.2" tall.

Screenshot_20190325-105420~2.png

I'll double check when I get home.

When I’m just about and about on the bicycle, hiking, etc I use this on my belt.

I have the DJI charging station for the drone and 3 batteries. The station will recharge the batteries once (so get to use the again even if no power. Have that, remote, and accessories in the DJI case for them and use it on longer trips.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Seriously. This is the best thing for the spark. I used it all weekend on vacation hiking and biking. It offers all the protection you need.

The beauty of the spark is its size. Bulking it up with the flymore bag or some crazy padded case sucks. With this I can toss the spark and RC in the smallest backpack and be on my way. I can literally have the spark out of my bag and in the air in less than a few minutes.
When I’m just about and about on the bicycle, hiking, etc I use this on my belt.

I have the DJI charging station for the drone and 3 batteries. The station will recharge the batteries once (so get to use the again even if no power. Have that, remote, and accessories in the DJI case for them and use it on longer trips.

Reactions: Tom Bennett
For those in an area that has Harbor Freight stores (or online), they have a super-coupon for a hard case that is about the same size (little bit smaller) for $20 US or less. It is the 2800 mentioned in another recent thread on cases.

Here's my picture of the Nanuk 915 insert.

March 27, 2019 95313 AM EDT.jpg

It has a top, middle, and bottom PC all glued together that fits tight in my Nanuk 915 case.

The numbers are inches btw.

Hi All,

I bought myself a case similar to the one below. The Spark basically sits on a thin, flat layer of foam on the bottom. My question - do I need a gimbal protector/cover to keep the gimbal from moving around when transporting? Will it move around at all, or at least to an extend where it might cause damage? I am not talking about throwing the case around, just when driving around with it in your car's trunk for instance.

Your comments welcome. Thank you.View attachment 9250
Gimbal protector? Yes
My gimbal protector and joy stick cover actually arrived in the mail before my Spark. Only around $7 so why not ?

Reactions: ChristoffB
I got the $30 harbor freight case but decided I like the portability of DJI's "flymore" bag, so I haven't used this nice harbor freight case. It's looking for a new use. Perhaps for camera gear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme