Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What do you guys use as a display? Your phone, or are you using a tablet? What works the best for control and viewing experience.

Crystal Sky is a DJI product, but not cheap. The 5.5" version is about $469, the 7.85" much more. The bigger one comes in two versions; High Brightness (1000 nits) or Ultra Bright (2000 nits). The mounts to use with your controller would be $40 and up.
You're right, it was only the mount but I didn't know about the existence of the ClearSky product much less its price. My happiness lasted only few minutes ;)

You're right, it was only the mount but I didn't know about the existence of the ClearSky product much less its price. My happiness lasted only few minutes ;)
When I first heard of Crystal Sky, the price put me off. But after beginning to fly, I did want a better monitor for several reasons, mainly safety. The Smart Controller looks interesting, but not compatible with Spark and pricey. The Crystal Sky does work with Spark, and also Mavic 2 which I hope to add soon. I took a chance on a private seller on the auction site, and the CS was barely used as the buyer had claimed. Normally I buy from businesses for support and return, if needed.

Thank you! I;ll be paying attention on eBay or OfferUp to see if I can catch a good opportunity! Safe flying!

I would use the mini but a separate mount is the deal breaker. The Iphone is just much handier. The display I have with me is the best display ...for me

I would use the mini but a separate mount is the deal breaker.

The mini will fit in the arms of the R/C if a tablet mount is not an option.

Galaxy S10+

I used to use an old abandoned iPhone. Worked great.

Before that, Motorola Droid Turbo. Worked last summer but would not work this spring, so I got the S10+

How well does a tablet hold up on a smaller controller like this? I think I’ll start with my XR and see how well it goes. I’m a distance person so I want to see well.

I am dying for a bigger display, and I have an 8 inch Android tablet. But, without a sun shield it is just not bright enough to see in daylight. Plus it does not have a wireless account so I have to update everything from home first, or use my phone as a hot spot.

Reactions: pmshop
I am dying for a bigger display, and I have an 8 inch Android tablet. But, without a sun shield it is just not bright enough to see in daylight. Plus it does not have a wireless account so I have to update everything from home first, or use my phone as a hot spot.

You don't want to go bigger than 7-8"
I tried a 9.7" iPad and it is just too big and clumsy.
I went with the iPad Mini 5

ipad mini 4

began just using my iphone7, which is actually not bad save for the small display. briefly tried using the epson moverio glasses...great concept, but a pain to set up and difficult to use through its awkward and imprecise interface.

while pricing an ipad mini, found a great deal on a samsung galaxy tab A...nice display, can handle supporting apps (android), and an all-around great tab, especially for the price. along with a lekufee aluminum controller mount, it's nearly as good as my M2P's smart controller!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast