Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is the best alternative to the DJI goggles?

With these two apps, FPV is possible with the Gear VR.

View attachment 3980

Play cardboard eliminates the auto startup of the Gear VR (Oculus) and the CAVU puts the display on the phone for the goggles.

The CAVU is free but limited flight time unless you purchase it.
There's all kinds of options on the display to move the images to get it just right.

Although I haven't used it much, it does work on my Samsung Galaxy s7 and Gear VR goggles.

Just a note, It works via WiFi so no OTG cable can be used.

Good luck :).
Do you know of any third party app for android phone that allows you to connect OTG cable to remote for use with cheaper pair of VR goggles?

Do you know of any third party app for android phone that allows you to connect OTG cable to remote for use with cheaper pair of VR goggles?

Not off the top of my head.

The Samsung Gear VR goggles that I have were the first generation and has a micro USB port but I can't remember why it didn't work.
I think it was used for external power to the phone via the goggles.

I did a quick Google search and it looks like there are newer versions that offered OTG support?

The cable may work with a newer version.
Even the cheap goggles are probably better than they were a while back.

I'm not sure if the additional apps are OTG friendly but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck. :)

... To my knowledge you loss all the awesome features of the DJI goggles if you attempt to use them with the Spark -- all you get is the 1080 display via HDMI. I get that with my MOGO VR goggles and it didn't cost me >50$

If you own a Spark and the DJI goggles - please tell me how wrong I am and I will buy you a beer after I purchase the DJI goggles realizing the awesomeness that I am missing out on.
I own a spark and just bought the goggles.
You can connect them to the Spark via the remote controller, using an OTG cable (like the one delivered with the remote, but longer).
The experience is awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme