Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is the meaning of this?

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
I had a few instances today of Image transmission is weak.

My logic tells me that there is a loss of communication between the spark and my cellphone (wifi).
Am I right? How can I prevent this? It did not make me a feel very happy.

Any comments appreciated.

Attachments

• DjiImageLoss.JPG
    DjiImageLoss.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 163
Are you flying in a WiFi congested area?

It looks like the video feed is being disrupted by interference but it appears that you still have a connection to the Spark since the last prompt asked to go home, verses flying with no image available.

The GPS count looks good too.

The way I read your message, you're just flying with the phone?

Are you wearing any blutooth watches, is your BT off on the mobile device? I would recommend an OTG cable and Airplane mode if you are flying with the RC, if not... check that you are not near anything that could affect WiFi on the ground, and avoid urban areas which are generally saturated with radio from everyone's routers.

Also, is your phone in a case? Sometimes certain cases can diminish signal.

WiFi congested area? I don't think so, it is right beside the cemetary -- draw your own conclusion.

I am flying with a phone attached by wifi to controller. I am considering trying an OTG cable, If I can get it to work - have found other posts on this forum with this regard.

Will try the OTG and let you know the result.

Thanks

Attachments

• Cemetary.JPG
    Cemetary.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 96
Are you wearing any blutooth watches, is your BT off on the mobile device? I would recommend an OTG cable and Airplane mode if you are flying with the RC, if not... check that you are not near anything that could affect WiFi on the ground, and avoid urban areas which are generally saturated with radio from everyone's routers.

Also, is your phone in a case? Sometimes certain cases can diminish signal.

Yes, bluetooth watch, will leave it off next time and make sure that BT is off on the phone. Not in a case.

The good news is that I was able to get the OTG cable to work - a cinch really:
cell on (AIrplane mode)
rc on
spark on
rc green light
OTG cable connected to RC
OTG Cable connected to Sony xperia
fire up Dji Go app
wait a second or two and there it is!
now to wait for flying weather

Last edited:
The good news is that I was able to get the OTG cable to work - a cinch really:
cell on (AIrplane mode)
spark on
rc on
rc green light
OTG cable connected to RC
OTG Cable connected to Spark
fire up Dji Go app
wait a second or two and there it is!
now to wait for flying weather
i have found that not turning airplane mode off but turning wi-fi and Bluetooth off works better i don't know why but it works .
this is my pre flight set up
DJI SPARK START UP

REMOVE THE RUBBER BATTERY SAFETY CLIPS​

OPEN PHONE TURN WI-FI &BLUE TOOTH OFF​

START UP SPARK, START RC WAITE FOR GREEN LED​

OPEN DJI GO 4 APP, PLUG IN OTG CABLE​

DJI GO 4 APP READS CONNECTED​

CHECK SATELLITES 10 OR ABOVE​

GO TO COMPASS AND SET RED ARROW POINTER​

MAKE SURE IT POINTS THE WAY THE SPARK IS FACING​

TAP GO FLY. SET HOME POINT

Also matters what phone youre using with what O.S. I dont know why you plugged otg into spark either, make sure gps is turned on in your phone before you launch. Everyones setup differs in one way or another, dont change too much stuff all at once, then you wont necessarily know what solved the problem. Good luck!

Also matters what phone youre using with what O.S. I dont know why you plugged otg into spark either, make sure gps is turned on in your phone before you launch. Everyones setup differs in one way or another, dont change too much stuff all at once, then you wont necessarily know what solved the problem. Good luck!

on my android phone when i turn airplane mode on i have no GPS for the map but if i just turn WI FI and Bluetooth off i have the map . apparently using airplane mode turns the GPS off in my phone .

on my android phone when i turn airplane mode on i have no GPS for the map but if i just turn WI FI and Bluetooth off i have the map . apparently using airplane mode turns the GPS off in my phone .

HMMM, thanks - will watch for that

Because none mentioned it. Are you flying in FCC mode or in CE mode?

Of course, even in CE mode, 35m is a very small distance for signal to be lost.

And if you fly with a controller, the lost signal is between AC and RC.

I had a few instances today of Image transmission is weak.

My logic tells me that there is a loss of communication between the spark and my cellphone (wifi).
Am I right? How can I prevent this? It did not make me a feel very happy.

Any comments appreciated.
Use OTG, I never had a glitch, and mostly the ios app is way better than android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502