Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is your best distance run with your Spark.

Phxbird57

Join
Apr 15, 2019
I'm just getting into the spark, Been flying Phantom's and Mavic for a while. I did not see any tracking the best distance with a stock Spark drone. I'll try and do a running list. BUT lets keep it Simple. No mods to the drone, you can add wind surfer to the antennas. send a link from Airdata showing your flight. Yes this is for distance from home and back ( with in 50ft). If you want to make it difficult I just can it. This is for the sport and fun of flying.... Please it seems that one 1 mile (1609 meters)will be the minimum distance that I will record.
I'll start off with a flight today. humidity is high for us around 40%.
Phxbird57 with wind surfers on 9503 ft
lets all enjoy.

Last edited:
I won’t post screenshots but I made it over 24,000 feet without going dangerously low on battery charge. 15,000’ is about average for me as I like to land with 30% battery life left for overall battery health. That’s completely stock with an OTG cable and a normal antenna extender.

Trick is to have a fully charged new-ish battery, using sport mode, and minimal directional changes. A calm day is also needed.

I don’t foresee beating my personal record anytime soon now that my batteries aren’t new anymore.

I won’t post screenshots but I made it over 24,000 feet without going dangerously low on battery charge. 15,000’ is about average for me as I like to land with 30% battery life left for overall battery health. That’s completely stock with an OTG cable and a normal antenna extender.

Trick is to have a fully charged new-ish battery, using sport mode, and minimal directional changes. A calm day is also needed.

I don’t foresee beating my personal record anytime soon now that my batteries aren’t new anymore.
wow, maybe your miss understanding the distance to from home point to the farthest distance and back home. If you are getting out to 24k and back my hat is off to you.

Yes, I misunderstood. Furthest out is significantly less. I set my settings to only allow a mile out, and only reached that once while I was over a lake. I’m usually 1/2 mile or less. Biggest reason for me not going further is I generally avoid flying over houses to stay on good terms with neighbors, and I try to stay within line of sight rules.

I made it to 9004 feet distance a few days ago. This was in the wide open spaces of the Nevada desert. I could have gone a little further but was running out of battery and didn't want to push it. I should add this was with reflectors on the controller antennas. 1.7 miles, not bad.

Reactions: Jointeffort
5356 feet. Tried to send it to Lover's beach in Cabo when it lost signal and automatically came home. Was expecting better over water with a range extender on.

For my little spark 13310 for out and back is pushing it .
I have a buddy that made it to 21000 but I never ever came close to his mark

Reactions: Jointeffort
Wow
I just fly it for 200mts away and turn it back.
Im really afraid on loosing it

I was too. Just tells you signal is lost and returning home, on the way it regains signal and you're back in control again.

I am the newest kid on the block here on the forum. I have had mine a little over a week. I have gone 5003' one way with stock antenna,parabolic reflectors and otg cable.

Over the summer I had perfect conditions for a personal best Sparky flight. Elevated take off point and no wind.

Furthest distance - 11,676ft @ 340ft altitude. Round trip 24,288ft. Landed with 14% battery.

Stock Spark except for parabolic mirrors.

Reactions: Sparkandfly
FYI, Homeland Security and the FAA monitor these forums and base their regs partly on what they observe here and Youtube. Advertising illegal flights on these forums contribute to increasing regulations. Dont add more fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
FYI, Homeland Security and the FAA monitor these forums and base their regs partly on what they observe here and Youtube. Advertising illegal flights on these forums contribute to increasing regulations. Dont add more fuel to the fire.
If that is the case I'm type this from prison. ;)

Reactions: Sparkandfly
I fly mine only for around 700m at the most to capture a nice views! more than that It will not be smooth on my display. I`m not a distance freak but use it for my Landscape videos and vacations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme