Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is your experience using the Litchi app with the Spark?

A friend of mine tried to use Litchi at a field about 1.5 miles from the airport (Class C controlled airspace). He is a part 107 pilot and used Airmap to get authorization to fly. When he tried to take off using Litchi, it would not let him. When he took off with Go4, it asked him to confirm he had authorization to fly in a NFZ. After he confirmed it, he could take off. After using Go4 to initially fly, Litchi also started working. It's like Litchi follows the geo-fencing rules, but doesn't have any user interface for them.

I'm with the others - Go 4 for free flight and Litchi for waypoints. I've not found Orbit mode on Litchi particularly effective - it orbits something else close by. I use DJI app for that.

Waypoints on Litchi you can plan in advance on a PC, download the KML file and look at it in Google earth in 3D. I have a few planned already fro when the weather permits. Brilliant!

Litchi is great, but if you have a flyaway due to hardware failure dji wont cover it

I'm with the others - Go 4 for free flight and Litchi for waypoints. I've not found Orbit mode on Litchi particularly effective - it orbits something else close by. I use DJI app for that.

Waypoints on Litchi you can plan in advance on a PC, download the KML file and look at it in Google earth in 3D. I have a few planned already fro when the weather permits. Brilliant!
Planned missions is best viewed with the excellent windows program VLM (Virtual Litchi Mission), just sayin'.
Gives you a bird-view perspective.

Example:
Mission pre-flight check

Flight:

I thought I was loosing my mind when I ran Litchi the first time.....and for almost 2 months there after.

At that time OTG was a big issue and some had no problems....

It seems like every firmware release something will give problems in one app that wasn’t there before again some experienced no issues.

In my best guess the Real Problem is DJI takes a very strict view of the law and its responsibility to force its interpretation of it on its customers

Litchi has a more liberal view of the Line of Sight law and provides a means to do Waypoints in a easy manner

Waypoints can and are used in close range flying......but we alll know....welll most of us do that Waypoints per Litchi can greatly enhance your flight experience when you get further from take off point.

Alll that to say that as much as they say they work in harmony.....I think it’s possible DJI may be just sticking to its stance

I’m happy to see some relaxation by DJI in recent weeks with new intelligent modes leaning toward more what I call augmented flight.

I believe sensible reasonable use of waypoint flying is a good thing.

The bugs are not so bad once you get more flight time in...you will get experience by putting in flight time with fingers on the sticks.....that will help you a lot in situations where a problem pops up between “waypoints”

I encourage you to put in the time and see for yourself how good Litchi can be .

A friend of mine tried to use Litchi at a field about 1.5 miles from the airport (Class C controlled airspace). He is a part 107 pilot and used Airmap to get authorization to fly. When he tried to take off using Litchi, it would not let him. When he took off with Go4, it asked him to confirm he had authorization to fly in a NFZ. After he confirmed it, he could take off. After using Go4 to initially fly, Litchi also started working. It's like Litchi follows the geo-fencing rules, but doesn't have any user interface for them.

I believe part of the geofencing is in the DJI Go app, but part is also in the Spark.

Litchi is great, but if you have a flyaway due to hardware failure dji wont cover it
If you have state farm in your state and they do drone coverage its 60bucks for a year no deductible. They cover flyaways, and repairs. No flight records needed like dji. just a qoute, a few ?s and you get a check. The only pain in the process not counting the crash or flyaway is waiting to get repaired or new drone back.

Reactions: ExcitingHeadgear

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast