Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What order?

Steve A

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Hi there, another newbie question! I have got myself some cables to hard connect my iPad and remote controller. In what order should I turn stuff on, will the connection be automatic and how will I know it's working? And if it doesn't..what next?
Many thanks

Reactions: zztinker
Reactions: sparkpod
Plug the cable into your iPad, power on the Spark and remote controller, and wait until the light turns green on the remote controller before connecting the cable to it.

Yes.

You'll be able to control the Spark with the remote controller.
Thank you

Steve, this is the checklist I created for myself:

* Power up Spark
* Plug OTG cable into Controller
* Open antennas
* Power up RC Controller and wait for connection to Spark (Controller green light)
* Plug lightning cable into iPhone (ignore not supported accessory message).
* Launch DJI Go 4 application
* Wait for connection message
* Select Go Fly

Don

Last edited:
Hi Don
I have the fly more combo but after powering on the controller I get a red light on controller
I have updated firmware, do I need to link again?

Hi Don
I have done the above but I am getting a disconnected message in the app?
Do I need to have wifi turned on as well?
I thought the cables bypassed that?

Those cables should be fine together. Did you wait until the remote controller light turned green before connecting the OTG cable?

Steve, this is the checklist I created for myself:

* Power up Spark
* Plug OTG cable into Controller
* Open antennas
* Power up RC Controller and wait for connection to Spark (Controller green light)
* Plug OTG cable into Controller and lightning cable into iPhone (ignore not supported accessory message).
* Launch DJI Go 4 application
* Wait for connection message
* Select Go Fly

Don
Just saying thanks for this list.

Did you get on the iPad the message "not supported accessory" ? On mine when I don't get it, I don't have the connection and need to unplug/plug the RC connector.

Did you get on the iPad the message "not supported accessory" ? On mine when I don't get it, I don't have the connection and need to unplug/plug the RC connector.
No, light on rc just goes red and app says disconnected

No, light on rc just goes red and app says disconnected
You said the remote controller light turns green above. It sounds like you're now saying it never turns green. Can you clear that up for us?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio