Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What other apps

Bigbull2920

Join
Sep 13, 2018
What other apps are good to use with spark as at the min am using dji go 4 if you could suggest any other apps

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Bigbull2920.

A couple of favorites of mine are AIRMAP and UAV Forecast.

Airmap shows the airspace around you and the UAV Forecast will show current flight conditions in your area along with the airspace.

Drone Verfly is an app I have but haven't used. It's a Just In Case app.
You set up an account and you can have on the spot flight insurance should you damage the property you are filming ( stain glass windows of an old church ?).
I'm not sure if its use is world wide or just the USA.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Bigbull2920.

A couple of favorites of mine are AIRMAP and UAV Forecast.

Airmap shows the airspace around you and the UAV Forecast will show current flight conditions in your area along with the airspace.

Drone Verfly is an app I have but haven't used. It's a Just In Case app.
You set up an account and you can have on the spot flight insurance should you damage the property you are filming ( stain glass windows of an old church ?).
I'm not sure if its use is world wide or just the USA.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:
what does the blue zone mean on Airmaps? i can't see an legend

I looked around on my app and found this near Niagara Falls...

20180914_174839.jpg

I see a purple ring, and that may coincide with the airport in the center?

20180914_174811.jpg

It is hard to tell the size of those zones since the map had no scale. But I suspect that "bullseye" pattern represents an airport that also has a heliport on site. The app shows a 3 mile radius around heliports and a 5 mile radius around the airport itself - hence the concentric circles.

The maps appearance varies with your chosen settings, map type and operating systems. You can double check with a second app such as the FAA's own "B4U Fly".

Here's my list of supplemental droning apps:

F6620E62-9139-4F20-9EF9-CA1F979C1FF6.jpeg

Got the standard ones mentioned here UAV etc. Also have Flightradar24 which shows live flights on maps and routes even Helicopters Nd private planes. Its a bit of fun to watch but could be useful if its showing any aircraft nearby

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena